Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

The Current VGC Format Actually Rewards Cheating.
I am going to imput my opinion (Yes I do gen).

Breeding has become significantly easier as a result of 6IV Ditto distributions from forums everywhere. So now, anyone can breed competitive Pokemon in a matter of minutes. Of course, it will take some time to train them up with specific EV spreads and even get them to level 50. With that said, the effort doesn't result in you being a good battler. In battle, everyone is blind to if that 6IV Pokemon was genned or bred/trained legitimately. But is that what you think about in a competitive battle? No. You think about what nature the Pokemon is, and ALWAYS assume that it has perfect IVs in crucial areas. While it has already been said, Imjust want to say it again. It is impossible to determine whether a legendary is genned or not.

I think some people have forgotten what Pokemon is about. It is so much more then a genned or legitimately caught Pokemon. It is about having fun. Aaron Zheng, one of the best and most well known player in the competitive scene, made this speech before he graduated.

Aaron makes several good points, but what he says at 11:00 pretty big in my opinion.

"One thing that sets the best players apart from the average players is their ability to work with their circumstances, rather than complain about how unlucky they may have been."

Later he goes on to say "Pokemon has taught me a lot. It taught me to look at defeat and victory, with an open mind. To laugh a bit more, even though sometimes things don't necessarily go my way."

And if you watched the whole video, then you know this: No one looks ill at one another. People who gen, people who breed and train, they are all friends, and have lots of fun on the competitive scene. To be honest, while Nintendo has taken precautions with hacked Pokemon, I am sure they have the same outlook. Just smile and be happy at every turn. Genning doesn't give you any advantage, as breeders and SRers just need to work harder to achieve that same Pokemon. Don't dedicate too much time SRing. Spend time on battle spot to jake sure you are on top of your game as well. I believe it is a matter of balancing what time you have. I think the VGC format is fine. Nintendo honestly doesn't have to worry about a thing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Current VGC Format Actually Rewards Cheating. - by Vietflame - Aug 15, 2015, 04:23 PM