Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Moderators & View Discussion
(Aug 25, 2015, 05:04 PM)Bright_Shadow21 Wrote: Hey

I want to have a general discussion about a couple of things. I will now rant about what I want to talk about.

I feel that moderators get tonnes of views and reputation for posting but regular people like me will barely get noticed. I created a Rate My Team thread, I put lots of my time into it and I did everything to regulation, I felt my content was good, it was formal and I went into detail and I feel like it deserves more recognition.
The entire reason for this website is for the community to come together and help each other and give each other our opinions. However I got like 36 views and 0 comments, I posted my thread whilst justin was streaming so there were definetely people online. I feel like the moderators should do more to help out the smaller people get noticed maybe by giving people reputation for a good post so people are more likely to open and comment.
Maybe do a post of the day feature. I just feel like it is unfair and that something has to change. Thank you for reading this, I appreciate you taking your time in clicking this and feel free to share your opinion.

Bright_Shadow21

You posted this thread approximately an hour or less ago from your RMT and you did this while Justin was streaming. Friend, if Justin is streaming, obviously his audience is going to be watching the stream and not be browsing the forums. Furthermore, to properly analyze a team isn't something that can be done instantaneously. The moderators (and a few others) posts get noticed and commented on because they are people who contribute more to the community and have earned their reputation (not that number you see, but actual reputation by interacting with people in the community). They worked for their place and it isn't right to lash out on them for attracting a larger crowd, that's just how life is. You use the phrase "regular people". You do know that in reality, only the people who try to stand out will get noticed right? That people don't pay attention to regular people? It's just life, friend. That little number beside the reputation slot doesn't mean anything at all. Even people with 100+ rep sometimes get less responses than one with 50 or less. Furthermore, reputation is something you work for so saying that the mods should help you to get noticed just comes off as you being downright lazy. If you really wanted to get your thread viewed, you had the option of going into the stream and waiting till the chat died down and asking people to come view what you have posted. This community is very much for people to come together, share ideas and to help each other grow, but no one here is a slave to the other. You can't be putting in less than other people are and expecting the same treatment.

I'm going to be honest here. Your post met the criteria that was set and the amount of work you put into editing it to make it presentable can be seen so I commend you for that. The thing is, not everyone in the community is as knowledgeable on the VGC meta as the other, so people who view your post may not be able to provide you with the commentary you're looking for. As for the top tier VGC players, consider that they may have busy schedules and aren't on the forums 24/7 so they can't respond to your post at a heartbeat. If your team isn't one that presents a gimmick that hasn't been used before and works then it pretty much gets labelled as standard, and lets be honest, what can we say about a team that is standard. Absolutely nothing. Trust me on this, not because a mod gives your post high rep means that people are suddenly going to come flocking in. You need to sell what your presenting.

But lets hear from you. What change are you proposing exactly?
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
Moderators & View Discussion - by Bright_Shadow21 - Aug 25, 2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by terrorkid94 - Aug 25, 2015, 05:52 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by Luisito - Aug 25, 2015, 06:14 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by ChaseInfinity - Aug 25, 2015, 06:35 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by PKPatriot56 - Aug 25, 2015, 06:38 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by Luisito - Aug 25, 2015, 06:43 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by Rogue - Aug 25, 2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by Marcusube - Aug 25, 2015, 11:37 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by Rogue - Aug 26, 2015, 09:01 AM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by ChaseInfinity - Aug 26, 2015, 12:47 PM