Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav!
(Nov 26, 2014, 02:26 PM)Jack Wrote:
(Nov 26, 2014, 02:08 PM)Joushou Wrote: Seems like the 20 steps isn't necessary. I'm not even moving after the encounter before starting a new one. Sometimes the search will fail and I'm still not sure why. This happens both in grass and out of grass so I'm not sure how the game is deciding to break the chain. I've also caught the chained Pokemon and had my chain continue afterward but running WILL break the chain always. One thing I'd like to point out also is that if you walk out of the grass before pressing search you run the risk of a random Pokemon appearing on the DexNav and breaking the chain (even if it is the Pokemon you are looking for). I have never had this happen when I stay in the grass but more testing is needed. For this reason I would suggest, for the time being, not going out of the grass before pressing search.

Honestly I'm thinking that maybe I did not explain the method well enough, or you are doing the method incorrectly. I've never had a chain "randomly break" as long as I was following exactly what I put in this original post. I've gotten 3 chains over 40, and all of them were broken by me accidentally slipping up and running towards the Pokemon while within a 5 block radius.

Concerning running away once you start the encounter, I had already stated that that would break the chain.

I was merely confirming the running away part. I've tried going out of the grass before searching and still had it randomly break afterward. It may be linked to the route I'm testing on, Route 116. I haven't been able to get paat a 25 chain using the method mentioned in the opening post or my modified method on this route yet. I think this is due to how far separated the grass patches are in the route. I wouldn't expect this to happen in cave like areas so I will test there next.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possibly confirmed way to Shiny Chain using DexNav! - by Joushou - Nov 26, 2014, 02:30 PM
Dexnav - by Capo_3rd_Fret - Nov 27, 2014, 05:25 PM
This is not true - by Joushou - Nov 27, 2014, 08:34 PM