Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How did you get into pokemon ?
ha, reading this makes me feel old, only one other person was around for the originals...

the year was 1996, i was in fourth grade, one day pokemon didnt exist, the next every kid was hooked, very similar to the crack/aids boom in the 80's XD

i was a sega kid, i was the only person i knew who had a gamegear(if you dont know it google it). in fact still to this day i have never met another person who actually had gamegear. at the time i also personally hated rpg's, i didnt understand the concept of waiting for your turn to attack and then letting your opponent hit you, i liked action

also i always tended to stay away from stuff that all the other kids were obsesed with, so i fought pokemans as hard as i could,

untill one day my friend let me use his little brothers gb and copy of pokemon blue. from the first time i started the game up and picked my lil charmander i was hoked.

i still think pokemon was japans payback for dropping nukes on em, get our kids addicted to a game that can make a person more concerned with catching a virtual critter than going to college XD

anyway, played untill third gen, kinda stopped playin game for a couple years, ive played firered on my smart phone about 10 times and also tried about 10 pokehack made off of firered or emerald. about a month ago i decided it was time to stop messin around and get pokemons again so i got a red crystal 2ds and pokemon x

now more than ever im getting into competitive pokes

Messages In This Thread
How did you get into pokemon ? - by AceTrainerSam - Dec 4, 2015, 11:47 AM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by w2gMk - Dec 4, 2015, 01:46 PM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by UnholyBlade - Dec 4, 2015, 03:48 PM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by Nimthiel - Dec 4, 2015, 07:06 PM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by jouzea - Dec 4, 2015, 09:14 PM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by BonFire5 - Dec 5, 2015, 12:37 PM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by bensif - Dec 6, 2015, 03:44 PM