Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Trying to build a vgc16 team
To be fair, Psystrike hits everything like a truck in general. Grass Knot is good for clapping the Primals and in my opinion works best because Ice only hits Rayquaza, Mence and Lando, Thunderbolt doesn't do much more than Psystrike to anything, Fire Blast is good for Ferrothorn but that's situational (in terms of P-Kyogre's ability), Focus Blast only hits Kang, yeah you see where I'm going with this.

Liepard and Smeargle (just Liepard) are very good support options this year. They both learn Fake Out and can cripple the opponent with status moves. I personally prefer Liepard for it can Taunt Xerneas before it sets up, Encore other Fake Out users or set up mons into their moves, Thunder Wave the opposing team (good for opposing Tailwind) and provide a strong STAB Foul Play.

Zekrom is really bottom tier this year. I would go for Kyurem-W because it has the ability to outspeed and OHKO P-Groudon, Adamant Kangaskhan, among other Pokemon. Zekrom can't Bolt Strike with Groudon in the back (very risky and hard to predict switches this year) nor can it attack anything that's a Ground type. It's only reliable STAB move is Bolt Strike.
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
Trying to build a vgc16 team - by bradar485 - Dec 23, 2015, 08:08 PM
RE: Trying to build a vgc16 team - by Marcusube - Dec 24, 2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Trying to build a vgc16 team - by bradar485 - Dec 25, 2015, 11:44 AM
RE: Trying to build a vgc16 team - by Marcusube - Dec 25, 2015, 08:07 PM