Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] Team build for a local tournament being held
Hi there, let me help you out and give you my thoughts on this.

First off is Feraligatr, nice choice considering of the three starters he is the best one. His moves are good, very common movesets, but good nevertheless. Just watch out for those frenzy plants and thunderbolts, he may be a hard hitter but his spD is low enough for a high spA Raichu or Meganium to OHKO.

Next off is Espeon. It has a high SpA and was definitely one of the best Psychics during the time, and still is to an extent. Its Spe is good, just make sure you don't have it out when it comes to the like of Umbreon, Scizor (he is a big threat to Espeon), Mismagaius. Give Umbreon and Mismagius a high SpA and that spells trouble for your Espeon. And with this being restricted to Johto only Pokemon, you can expect a scizor with a 252 Atk and 252 Spe along with x-scissor, a bullet punch, U-turn, and then some form of stat boosting move. Dark pulse and Shadow ball will more than likely be ran with the likes of Umbreon and Mismagius. Espeon is a great Pokemon, but you also have to be cautious when using it now with there being a lot of moves that are effective against it.

Now onto Wobbufett. He's clearly your support Pokemon, since that is his only purpose in life. Not much to say with him except good luck. His Def stats are high, but you have to think ahead of your opponent with him. In my experiences with him, I found it hard to use him due to poor reading on my end. One mishap in reading and you could very well kiss him goodbye.

Usraring. The big guns of the Johto region. Hits hard and takes hit, he is the embodiment of the perfect tank. But, he will be more than likely thought of and people will make movesets to counter him. His normal type does make him an easy target to a the likes of Heracross and Scizor. I would say to only use him when you know that the chances of him being KO'd easily are slim. I would try to get Close combat with him or cross chop. It wouldn't hurt to try out a new moveset here and there, especially when it comes to Ursaring.

Then there is Pupitar, the underdog of your team. Not many people consider running him since he is only a second evolution and when it comes to the likes of Tyranitar, he gets severely overlooked. This is the second time that I have seen someone use him on a team, so my judgement is going to be a little bit low. I do see some potential in him, though it looks like he is being used as a support (correct me if I am wrong). His curse increases his Atk and Def, so use it to your ability. just be careful with him, there are reasons why he isn't used and that is because he doesn't have any moves to counter his weaknesses. Scizor will be the biggest threat to him, and since Pupitar is a tad bit on the slow end, he will eat him up with bullet punch. And Vaporeon will also destroy him as well with Hydro pump, water pulse, and even Ice beam. Donphan (Earthquake), Ursaring(Earthquake, cross chop), Feraligatr(Earthquake, Ice beam, hydro pump, hydro cannon), Meganium(frenzy plant, razor leaf) are also a big threat.

Then finally is Furret, your STAB. You already know to be careful when using him. He seems to be a great STAB for you, and I have never seen him get used before, so not much I can about him.

Overall, this team is pretty solid. You chose some great Pokemon to use for this, but Scizor will be your biggest threat. He can dish out some big hits to your Espeon and Pupitar, and if he has any fighting type moves, Ursaring. Pupitar can also be a cool sight to see, but you have to be really careful with him for he can also lead to your demise. The Pokemon you should watch for are of course Scizor, Donphan, Meganium, Feraligatr, and Umbreon. That is all. Feel free to comment your thoughts on this.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Team build for a local tournament being held - by pritchman227 - Apr 15, 2016, 07:15 AM