Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] Team build for a local tournament being held
Hey there! Thanks for the advice, im starting to reconsider Pupitar now for something, preferably a fire type. Since its Johto only i dont have to worry about Mismagus or Vaporeon, but pupitar himself has issues when it comes to staying alive in general. I was able to tank a high jump kick to the face with 2% HP thanks to eviolite, but then the speed just killed it after. I was thinking perhaps using a Porygon2 as a bulky special attacker, but not 100% sure yet. I had this idea for the moves and such so far:

Porygon2 @ Eviolite  
Ability: Analytic  
Level: 50  
EVs: 244 HP / 248 SpA / 12 SpD  
Modest Nature  
- Recover  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  
- Signal Beam  
- Tri Attack/Ice Beam

Im not sure about Tri Attack and Recover, since the point with this one is i want to attack last (to do more damage to speedy things like Scizor) while Eviolite buffs up his already decent def/sp def by a huge boost. I kept Tri Attack only for STAB and for the statuses, but without Adaptability im thinking a move like Ice Beam will do better. The hidden power fire is the key to this, since my issue comes with the fire pokemon of Johto, leaving just Magby, Slugma, Magcargo, and Entei to pick from. (I dont wanna use Entei cause i dont like using legends, and Ho-oh/Lugia are possibly not allowed). As for Ursaring, im torn between removing Fire Punch or Swords Dance for Superpower. Im thinking Swords Dance since he already has the Guts boost, and extra fire physical coverage for Foretress and Scizor, plus Steelix may be a danger too. 

Anyways, thanks for the input and tell me what you think about the changes! ( I wanna get clear ideas before i start breeding Porygon Instead of Larvatar, since this is tomorrow after all lol)

Edit: One thing i noticed, if Ho-oh/Lugia are allowed, i have no rock coverage. Would it be worth giving Ursaring rock slide instead of Fire Punch?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Team build for a local tournament being held - by Ryouyashi - Apr 15, 2016, 08:12 AM