Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

I can't catch Tapu Fini?
Each Tapu has the lovely catch rate of 3/255, meaning you're going to have a more difficult time than the vast majority of previous encounters.

As @Brockahly said, try throwing a Quick Ball at it as soon as the battle starts. If that doesn't work, whittle its HP down as far as you can and chuck Net or Dusk Balls. Both of these have a higher capture multiplier of 3.5x than Ultra Balls at 2x. I'm not sure if the Ruins count as caves, so just stick with Net Balls or battle it at night.

Of course, statuses help. Sleep and Freeze are most effective giving a multiplier of 2x, but they don't last forever and are hard to pull off with their limited chance of landing. Stick with paralysis (capture multiplier 1.5x) if battles go on for too long and Fini does heavy damage upon switching.

Going by this,
If Fini is in red HP, paralyzed/burned/poisoned, and you are using a Net Ball or similar, you have a ~9% chance of capturing it.

If it is asleep or frozen, in red HP, and you are using a Net Ball or similar, you have a ~18% chance of capturing it.

Messages In This Thread
I can't catch Tapu Fini? - by soumic - Jan 11, 2017, 11:11 PM
RE: I can't catch Tapu Fini? - by Qui - Jan 12, 2017, 12:00 AM
RE: I can't catch Tapu Fini? - by soumic - Jan 12, 2017, 12:18 AM
RE: I can't catch Tapu Fini? - by Brockahly - Jan 12, 2017, 12:55 AM
RE: I can't catch Tapu Fini? - by Sylveon - Jan 12, 2017, 07:07 AM
RE: I can't catch Tapu Fini? - by asifiqbal378 - Jan 12, 2017, 09:10 AM
RE: I can't catch Tapu Fini? - by AetherLillie - Jan 12, 2017, 10:14 AM
RE: I can't catch Tapu Fini? - by soumic - Jan 16, 2017, 10:44 PM