Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FEEDBACK] Competitive Feedback
Personally I feel like the VGC moveset write ups, particularly those posted by you or other staff members, are of pretty incredible quality. I may go through some of the posts individually and suggest some additions due to the metagame evolving and just generally things I think should be included. In terms of resources, I think the speed tier list on here is pretty much useless. As far as I know there isn't a speed tier list which only includes relevant information. You either have something like Smogon's tier list which bombards you with useless information or the one on here which tells you nothing more than the base speeds. Being able to see what speed stat numbers certain Pokemon hit with an amount of investment that you can imagine that Pokemon would actually run would be nice. Forms of speed control would also need to be included like Tailwind and Trick Room of course. This would be pretty tedious to make though. You could take Smogon's list with every single Pokemon in the tier and just remove all of the useless information I suppose.

As for the Tier list, some of the choices just seem completely random. For example why are Crobat and Comfee that have never been used on a successful team and there just isn't a good reason to ever use them lumped together with a Pokemon like Golduck which has been seen on numerous teams that have top cut events and appears as 35th in usage in the most recent showdown usage statistics. Honestly I disagree with about half of the placements of Pokemon on that list but much of that will have personal bias and it will take a long time to explain my reasoning for each case so I'll save that for the future.

Other than that I can't really think of anything more to say. As I said in the thread, I think your write ups for common VGC cores have been tremendous. Short enough to get the point across, long enough to include all of the necessary details. I tend to ramble in any of my write ups, you include the perfect amount (in my opinion).

Messages In This Thread
Competitive Feedback - by Black117 - Jan 17, 2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Competitive Feedback - by Siqueirapowered - Jan 17, 2017, 10:47 AM
RE: Competitive Feedback - by Black117 - Jan 17, 2017, 07:16 PM
RE: Competitive Feedback - by Slec - Jan 17, 2017, 06:38 PM
RE: Competitive Feedback - by RebornFX - Jan 20, 2017, 04:55 PM
RE: Competitive Feedback - by Black117 - Jan 21, 2017, 05:57 AM