Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] PFA Week 3 Results: Toronto Maple Leafeons
Good game to you abrupt given the circumstances in the battle. I will admit, was rooting for Zig to win this game, though the there were a number of plays he made which kinda didn't make too much sense, but not going to harp on that than we already did. IMO at least, Scizor could have won the game from there if Zig had setup and went for roost on the turn the Jellicent came in, which puts it at a better chance at sweeping most of your team. The Gardevoir switch in was definitely a lapse in judgement since Victini was specs with Blue Flare which OHKO the remaining mons at the end, just that he as a 6% chance of missing compare to the 25% paralysis. Given the amount of assistance I've helped with teambuilding in the past, the team we made was good, though the execution wasn't there towards the end.

Anyways on to your side of the battle. Not bringing Mega Pinsir was kinda questionable, given how weak we were to the flying bug that honestly tears apart this team. The best answer we can think of was Reflect with Light Clay to mitigate the damage of your physical attacks in half and stop your momentum if any of them attempt to setup. Personally bringing your ghost-types with a Trick Room response was the right call in this battle as we didn't prepare for Trick Room and how weak the team was to Ghost-type attacks. Still think Scizor could have clinched it out in the end since it was designed to setup on Dhelmise and maybe Zygarde, but idk.

Anyways I do think you have to keep some of your preparation a bit more realistic instead of going out there to counter act one or two mons. Like you definitely had the right matchup here, though the moveset choices on some of these mons were kinda weird to me, especially the lack of e-speed on Zygarde which might have helped you out. Also sacking Clefable and Arcanine too earlier was kind of what brought the whole potential Scizor sweep to happen. At that point, you have to keep Arcanine, Clefable, Jellicent around to maintain certain mons for matchup purposes, though again things worked out,

Well anyways good game to you abrupt since I think you are now 3-0 in the PFA with some people, which is a good achievement.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFA Week 3 Results: Toronto Maple Leafeons - by Black117 - Mar 27, 2017, 01:33 AM