Poll: Do you think Alomomola will be viable in VGC 2017?
Yes!
No...
Maybe?
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Alomomola Takes Priority! - with 0kamii
Great post @0kamii! It's amazing to see players being innovative in making Pokemon viable to diversify the metagame!

Alomomola is something I've tried before in VGC'15 but it didn't work out very well because of how offensive the metagame was and how little Alomomola did on the field. Because of the amount of spread moves I had it on my team for Wide Guard utility as well as a speed control option in Icy Wind. Knock Off and Protect as last moves for utility of course.

In a VGC'17 perspective, with the main monsters of the metagame being able to check or counter Alomomola, will it really survive for longer than the first turn? Even if it does, how much of an impact will it make on a game? With better Water types out there such as Araquanid, Tapu Fini and Milotic out there who carry more damage output, more diverse movepool and abilities that turn the tide of a battle, why use Alomomola?

The main fear is that using Alomomola would take up a slot that could be filled by a Pokemon that can perform its utility better
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
Alomomola Takes Priority! - with 0kamii - by 0kamii - May 8, 2017, 07:14 PM
RE: Alomomola Takes Priority! - with 0kamii - by Marcusube - May 10, 2017, 08:11 AM