Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

The December Meet 'N Greet - Rocking around the Christmas Tree-t
Any holiday traditions you want to share? 

Okay, bear with me here. In Sweden we have a very specific way of celebrating Christmas that's both quite nice and rather dumb at the same time. We start out with an early dinner at around 15.00, where we indulge in Christmas specials like eggs with caviar, "Prince-sausages" if directly translated, honey and breadcrumbs-coated ham with strong mustard, herring marinated in onion, mustard, herbs and much more. Then we watch a specific Christmas episode of Donald Duck (I'm in my 20's so yes, i've watched the same episode every Christmas I've ever attended <-- the dumb part). Then we drink mulled and spiced wine with nuts and raisins in it, Coke or coffe and eat saffron buns and other Christmasy treats while opening presents together. Then everyone kinda sits in the couch and what not, because of the massive overeating paralyzing you. The end.

- Favorite feature in any pokemon game

The PokéNav Plus from ORAS feels like a rewarding way to get Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities.

- Will you have a white Christmas/other holiday

In white, I'm gonna assume you mean snow on the ground and low temperatures and not white as in sober........
Anyway, yes, in the harsh cold of Scandinavia, we have snow and freezing temperature like 5 months a year so it seems rather likely.

@FireTaco Thanks for the tag! My water-type would be based on a horse from Swedish folklore called "Bäckahästen". It's a white horse (like Gandalf the White-white) that live in or by streams and lakes and lures in children with its beauty to try and get them to ride its back, with the intention to drown them. The tale was created to keep children away from water to keep them from drowning. It would be a Water/Ghost type with the ability Fairy Essence, which boosts Fairy moves by 50% but makes it take (insert a %) more damage from Steel-moves. This is fitting beacause in the folklore tale, if you put a piece of metal between yourself and "Bäckahästen", then it can't get to you. As for a name, something like "Jinnrill" would work. It's basically "Jinn" as in "demon", "genie" or "spirit" plus "rill" as in "stream" or "brook".

Taggin some users:
@R2LSD2 
@Aaroniskill1996 
@Drangor2 
@Frostbite25 
For what reasons do you/don't you celebrate Christmas?

Cheers
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda

Messages In This Thread
RE: The December Meet 'N Greet - Rocking around the Christmas Tree-t - by PerchPond - Dec 14, 2017, 10:26 AM