Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[US/UM] A How to Easily Beat all of US/UM Totems
Hi @"yung lord" 

So to define the most effective starter I looked into what type and level up moves the starters will have versus what type and moves the totems will have.  

At a first glance I can say with full honesty what Rowlet will not serve you well in completing these trials.  To start off he has no real advantage to the first trial.  Then for the next two trials, where rowlet would most likely evolve into Dartix, he will not survive long against a 4x effective aruora beam from Araquanid or a flame wheel from a Thick Cub A-Marowak.  He finally gains use in his flying stab moves against the Lurantis and, should he evolve into Decidueye prior to the Togedemaru trial, will be able to take non super effective Zing Zaps.  HOWEVER thats where his use runs out again as he will be neither last long against super effecive shadow claws and leech lives from mimikyu, nor a Poision Jab from Kommo-o, nor a bug buzz from a +2 Ribombee.

Next is the Litten line which fares pretty well against the totems.  First of all its level 15 move "Fire Fang" has a 20% chance to burn or flinch, which will tremendously help to weaken and take down the first totem.  Next the water trial, where any chance to use a should be evolved torracat are dampen by a stab-water bubble-rain boosted bubble attack.  Next with totem marowak, you will find some stuggle in using it as it will have only one super effecive move in bite, however this will do little good a flinching a +2 speed marowak.  However this is where things get better as it can obliterate a laurantis with a inferno overdrive.  From there it can attack totem togedemaru with super effective fire and fighting with double kick, and even bypass the defence boost with Darkest Lariat, just watch out for spiky shield.  Then it only takes normal effectiveness on all of totem mimikyu's moves and can still battle trough defence boosts with Darkest Lariat.  Totem kommo-o has drain punch, which will hurt so I advise against that.  And then it can deal super effecive dammage to totem Ribombee.

Now the Popplio Line.  It can first deal super effecive damage in disarming voice to totem raticate, and bypass the defence boost of both of them with the special attacks Popplio is known for.  Then it will serve little purpose to the downfall of totem Araquanid.  Totem Marowak will not appreciate those stab water moves at all, and has no way to conter them. Now, please don't bring this poor creature against totem Lurantis or Togedemaru as you will have a bad time.  Totem mimikyu will be pretty average, unless you want to teach her the only super effective move it can learn against mimikyu which is... Iron Tail.... which might prove useful, but I would just stick with strong stab moves.  Now Totem Kommo-o is something to fear with poision jab, however you will deal 4x damage with stab fairy moves too.  And finally against totem Ribombee you will have to go up against quiver dance on an already +2 special defence pokemon so I am not entirely sure that Primarina will be your best choice.

All in all if you want the pokemon with the best chance against the totem here is a list below of how many totem battles that starter line will help you with:

Rowlet line ---------- 2/8
Litten line ---------- 6/8
​​​​​​​Popplio line ---------- 4/8

So I will suggest the Litten line to anyone just starting out on the new game's trial pokemon.
Mawr

Messages In This Thread
RE: A How to Easily Beat all of US/UM Totems - by FireTaco - Dec 28, 2017, 11:21 PM