Poll: About what should be my next "All Our Favorite" post?
This poll is closed.
Guardian Deities
60.00%
3 60.00%
Fighting-types
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Ultra Beasts!
(Nov 19, 2018, 06:35 PM)0kamii Wrote: I carry on the tradition of tagging fourish, probably unwilling, users and seeing if they reply. It's all in good fun, so let's get the discussion started by tagging users:

Consider me willing, thanks for the inclusion!

I believe I'm definitely in the minority but I'm going to answer with Celesteela.
It's a Moon exclusive which I think ties nicely into the theme of "Celestial", being from Ultra Space and its name clearly being a play on that. I love the sound of its cry and just its design in general. The name is really clever and fun to say, and its shiny form makes me think of a wedding dress. Celesteela is beautiful.
In fact, one of my favourite Japanese names for Pokémon is Celesteela. Its Japanese name is "Tekkaguya", which is derived from "Tekka", meaning steel, and "Kaguya", as in Princess Kaguya from The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, a story from Japanese folklore. The Japanese names of Pokémon aren't really something a lot of western fans notice or are aware of, so it's a nice little bit of obscure knowledge that I appreciate.

Honorable mentions go to Xurkitree, Kartana, and Nihilego. I just love the fact that they don't really have faces. That really gets me.

Messages In This Thread
All Our Favorite Ultra Beasts! - by 0kamii - Nov 19, 2018, 06:23 PM
RE: All Our Favorite Ultra Beasts! - by 0kamii - Nov 19, 2018, 06:35 PM
RE: All Our Favorite Ultra Beasts! - by Hikikomari - Nov 19, 2018, 07:20 PM
RE: All Our Favorite Ultra Beasts! - by Winterr88 - Nov 20, 2018, 11:03 AM
RE: All Our Favorite Ultra Beasts! - by DrumminBeard - Nov 20, 2018, 12:49 PM
RE: All Our Favorite Ultra Beasts! - by Hikikomari - Nov 20, 2018, 05:38 PM
RE: All Our Favorite Ultra Beasts! - by gkh1997 - Nov 25, 2018, 03:12 AM
RE: All Our Favorite Ultra Beasts! - by Dova - Dec 7, 2018, 06:59 PM