Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Moderators & View Discussion
(Aug 25, 2015, 06:14 PM)Luisito Wrote:
(Aug 25, 2015, 05:04 PM)Bright_Shadow21 Wrote: The entire reason for this website is for the community to come together and help each other and give each other our opinions. However I got like 36 views and 0 comments.

May I give you some insight?

I saw your thread, skimmed through it, but I do not understand a word on it. Didn't reply to it. Why? Not because I am rude, but because I really suck at that, to the point of not understanding it. I am a complete amateur at VGC, Smogon and anything that has to do with battling other people, that been said, I don't even know what "Core" means (It is part of the title on your other thread), but I've seen in many times in different threads as well.

I am sure that you don't want the opinion of someone (me) that knows nothing about VGC Teams.  :D

If you were to post a thread about Breeding, I would probably be helping to the conversation. I love breeding Pokes.  :P

You also talked about reputation, let me comment on that too.

I run a thread were I give Pokemon for free, I have given away somewhere between 150-200 Pokemon and some people request it through PMs so it doesn't show on the main thread, and people don't give me +1 Rep, I usually get reputation every 5 people that request my pokemon, that is, if I get lucky. I do not complain about it because I understand that most people requesting from me are new members and don't understand the system yet. I don't mind. Rep is useless really. That is how I got my signature though!

For example, to make things worse, I've been running my thread for almost a month and given away so many free Pokemon (150-200 Pokes) that I bred with hardwork, well, I didn't even make it to the news bulletin thread (belongs to another member); Some other member with a Free BR Shiny thread made it to the news bulletin thread, and that Free BR Shiny thread didn't even had 24 hrs since its creation. I didn't mind, why because I know that the member running the new bulletin thread is probably super busy and didn't come across my thread, and because a Free BR Shiny will be much more popular than bred Lvl. 1 Pokemon.

So, I am not complaining, not ranting, but rather showing you that you shouldn't take it so seriously.  :D
People are not at my disposal if I write a thread, some people work, some people go to school and some other do both and are too tired to do stuff on the interwebz. I have to understand them too.

Like Naitre said, give it time. My main thread has almost 1700 views and only 90 people have commented on it, and 1/2 of the responses are mine, so do the math. It does take sometime for people to notice you, specially if you are not giving away free stuff.

Thank you for comment, I really do appreciate it and I understand everything you have brought up and mentioned. I guess, I will just have to wait for the comments to come in. My stats say I am new here but I am a massive lurker and I do exactly what I discussed, I look at peoples posts but do not comment myself (very hypocritical i know) I will just get myself noticed within this community by posting discussion threads and being as helpful as I possibly can within my field which is battles and breeding. I will soon be a trusted member of this community.

Messages In This Thread
Moderators & View Discussion - by Bright_Shadow21 - Aug 25, 2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by terrorkid94 - Aug 25, 2015, 05:52 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by Luisito - Aug 25, 2015, 06:14 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by ChaseInfinity - Aug 25, 2015, 06:35 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by PKPatriot56 - Aug 25, 2015, 06:38 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by Bright_Shadow21 - Aug 25, 2015, 06:36 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by Luisito - Aug 25, 2015, 06:43 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by Rogue - Aug 25, 2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by Marcusube - Aug 25, 2015, 11:37 PM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by Rogue - Aug 26, 2015, 09:01 AM
RE: Moderators & View Discussion - by ChaseInfinity - Aug 26, 2015, 12:47 PM