Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav!
(Dec 1, 2014, 07:03 PM)Jack Wrote:
(Dec 1, 2014, 06:23 PM)BryanSleepFreak Wrote: 2 chains, one almost at 200 with no results (Mirage forest, Petilil), and one around 150 with no results (Ralts, whatever router hes in early in the game). I'm wondering if shinys don't appear maybe in the Mirage forest, because its such a perfect spot to do chaining at, perfect circle of grass, stand in the middle each search, both my chains failed because of a slip of the thumb, but through all of that, I never encountered any other Pokemon in the forest, chain kept going on perfectly until I messed up. While I encountered other Pokemon while hunting for Ralts.

Glad you have interest in the thread!

I encourage you to check the section of the thread that will show if you are chaining correctly.
I also encourage you to read the "Disclaimer" located at the top of the thread! (too many people miss reading it)

If the case is that you are chaining correctly, then it is just unfortunate luck! Fortunately, 2 chains around 200 is not considered a lot of chaining in ORAS; if you continue to chain I'm sure you'll find it man!

Of course, you may be right about the forest in the end. I encourage you to use one of the three guaranteed routes to ensure you are chaining correctly (and to know that right now you're just having bad luck).

Good luck shiny hunting!

I've read this guide, another guide & watched a few live stream catches along with a couple tutorial videos. I hope I'm doing it right, I got a week off work, I'm going to master this if it kills me.

Messages In This Thread
Dexnav - by Capo_3rd_Fret - Nov 27, 2014, 05:25 PM
This is not true - by Joushou - Nov 27, 2014, 08:34 PM
RE: [updated 11/30/14!] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav! - by BryanSleepFreak - Dec 2, 2014, 02:09 PM