Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav!
Yeah, to answer everyone's questions there's a disclaimer at the top of the guide.

Basically the act of chaining in this game is still pretty new, so there's no way of actually know that this increases the chance of finding a shiny at this point. It is only believed that it does.
Here's the disclaimer: "It is possible that EVERY RUSTLING GRASS PATCH HAS THE SAME ODDS, and it is possible that chaining consecutively in this way DOES NOT increase the odds."
Personally, I think that every rustling grass patch has the same odds. There might be something else to it though. I mean, I've done a few 200+ chains without finding a shiny, and some other people have done 300+. Then some people catch shiny Pokemon on a 18 or 20 chain. Only makes sense to me that the 1/200 chance after a 40 chain may not be too accurate after all. Unfortunately, no one wants to believe that shiny chaining doesn't increase the odds of finding a shiny Pokemon.

Just my thoughts though. What do you guys think?

Messages In This Thread
Dexnav - by Capo_3rd_Fret - Nov 27, 2014, 05:25 PM
This is not true - by Joushou - Nov 27, 2014, 08:34 PM
RE: [updated 11/30/14!] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav! - by Jack - Dec 2, 2014, 07:29 PM