Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav!
(Dec 3, 2014, 04:30 PM)Jack Wrote:
(Dec 3, 2014, 12:49 PM)evilsabre Wrote: ok so it might be search level related then rather than chain related but kinda hard to confirm what is actually effecting the shiny rate if anything XD

Yeah it's hard to determine whether or not search level is involved at all. I mean, it would make sense that the more you chain, the more likely of a chance you will have in order to catch a shiny. The more you chain, though, the higher your search level gets (just as a side effect). I don't know what kind of experiment you would have to do in order to test search level.

On the opposing side, obviously search level is there for a reason. Is it a way to keep track of your chains? Is it a way to know how long you've been going after the Pokemon since you've had the game? I mean, if you look at it from this perspective the search level should have to serve another function.

Unfortunately, nothing is confirmed yet; but so far because there is no significant evidence that the search level of a Pokemon will help you find a shiny, I would say at this moment it does not. Obviously, I could be totally wrong and this could change in the future.

pretty much my thoughts but the best indicator would be to find out the average chain length and compare it to the average search level problem is people SR to save repels and for all we know that might be counter productive this gen and we can't work out the difference without data to compare if i had the data i could start to get confidence intervals and we cud check to see if there any effect at all.

edit: search level currently is confirmed to effect iv's up to 3 max due to level other 3 will still be random, ha can be got with higher search level and the odds increase with level if u believe in game wording lastly you can get egg moves (from my experience you get rarer egg moves the higher your level). Not a huge leap to assume it effects the shiny chance thus chaining would increase the odds but the increased odds would ironically be a side effect since the chain length would be irrelevant. Of course all still theory.

Messages In This Thread
Dexnav - by Capo_3rd_Fret - Nov 27, 2014, 05:25 PM
This is not true - by Joushou - Nov 27, 2014, 08:34 PM
RE: [updated 11/30/14!] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav! - by evilsabre - Dec 3, 2014, 04:40 PM