Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav!
(Dec 3, 2014, 04:40 PM)evilsabre Wrote: pretty much my thoughts but the best indicator would be to find out the average chain length and compare it to the average search level problem is people SR to save repels and for all we know that might be counter productive this gen and we can't work out the difference without data to compare if i had the data i could start to get confidence intervals and we cud check to see if there any effect at all.

Yeah, the point about the repels is actually a really good point. To me, it would honestly make sense that Nintendo might want to make Shiny Chaining more costly (so that you are forced to buy and use repels and not SR) by enabling the search level to have an actual function in chaining shiny Pokemon.

If the chance of finding a shiny Pokemon is the same as XY (after 40 chain 1/200 chance), then I don't think taking the average chain length and comparing it to the average search level is a good way to measure this. I guess statistically, you're most likely to find a shiny by chain 240 (though I am not 100% sure, the average chain length would not matter in what I am trying to point out, though) . Problem is, someone's search level may be higher than the 240 chain from past chaining or searches they have done. Chains could break after like 20 or 100, then they could do like a 300 chain straight and catch one; so I don't think comparing them in that fashion would really work?

Messages In This Thread
Dexnav - by Capo_3rd_Fret - Nov 27, 2014, 05:25 PM
This is not true - by Joushou - Nov 27, 2014, 08:34 PM
RE: [updated 11/30/14!] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav! - by Jack - Dec 3, 2014, 04:49 PM