Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav!
Jack the reason i suspect it may be more liked to search level is that i'm yet to hear of a case where someone found a shiny below 150-200 search level but be i am hearing of low chains 15-25 range. Its not that search level will be high if chain is high that's not what were seeing we are seeing high search levels with lower chains which is either coincidence (still very possible to be coincidence) or is significant. If it is significant the search level is critical and SR to save repels would be a very bad practice.

I think you've been misinterpreting what i'm saying if you think i'm saying the higher the chain the higher the search level, i'm saying that chain lengths seem to be varying greatly while search levels seem to be consistently 200+ and in some cases such as stormfox one of the chains had the search level raised without previous chaining from what i understand.

Although i actually did some maths on it and that makes it impossible to say as if you had a chain of 240 you would have had about a 70% chance for a shiny essentially meaning that if the chain caps at 40 chains about 190 long though would be the expected average though the point at which your odds over the chain are better than 50% chance to have seen a shiny.

The only thing i can think of to find out if chaining does anything in ORAS (other than increase search level) would be to have x people chain to a shiny (ideally the same 1) soft resetting when they broke the chain and have another x people deliberately break chains (so they don't chain at all) but still search with the radar. We'd need to set the initial search level but if we could do that we would be able to see if 1) chaining actually improved you chances compared to search level and 2) the effect search level has on the original odds to have a shiny (since the no chain group should if search level has no effect have an average close to the base shiny value). So basically either we need a lot of people to take part in a study like this or we need to wait for the dataminers etc to find the numbers relating to shiny chance for any reasonable confidence in the results.

Messages In This Thread
Dexnav - by Capo_3rd_Fret - Nov 27, 2014, 05:25 PM
This is not true - by Joushou - Nov 27, 2014, 08:34 PM
RE: [updated 11/30/14!] Proven (not confirmed) way to Shiny Chain using DexNav! - by evilsabre - Dec 5, 2014, 12:19 AM