Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How did you get into pokemon ?
Wow this is a trip down memory lane. I remember being in second grade (around 6-7 years old) and it was during the time that Pokemon and Digimon just started to air on 4kids. My cousin showed me both shows, but Pokemon really captured a special interest and I watched it religiously.

Then during Christmas one year, my father ran out during a snowstorm on the night of Christmas Eve to buy me the new Pokemon yellow, never knowing until that night that there was a game out for my favorite show. Needless to say I was surprised Christmas morning and I fell In love, especially with my Pikachu that was given in the beginning of the game. I tried to play like Ash, making sure to only capture Pokemon he caught in the series, but eventually I strayed from that path :P Not long after I bought red and blue and played them simultaneously.

When gold/silver/crystal came out, I bought them immediately and loved it just as much, if not more, than the original games (Especially since I was slightly older and had more of an understanding of the games). Not to mention crystal was the introduction of a female protagonist, and I've been hooked ever since :D To this day I buy at least one game from every generation and I've turned into a sort of mentor to some younger fans I know in real life

Messages In This Thread
How did you get into pokemon ? - by AceTrainerSam - Dec 4, 2015, 11:47 AM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by w2gMk - Dec 4, 2015, 01:46 PM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by UnholyBlade - Dec 4, 2015, 03:48 PM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by Nimthiel - Dec 4, 2015, 07:06 PM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by jouzea - Dec 4, 2015, 09:14 PM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by BonFire5 - Dec 5, 2015, 12:37 PM
RE: How did you get into pokemon ? - by bensif - Dec 6, 2015, 03:44 PM