Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Trying to build a vgc16 team
Fix the format of the builds. They're a bit hard to read especially with them not being fully in the Pokemon Showdown format.

Rock Polish is a good strat on P-Groudon and you'll have a lot of room to set it up. Still need Protect here though. Rock Slide isn't that great this year to be fair. For attacks, Precipice Blades/Earthquake and Eruption/Fire Punch work best here.

I suggest running Mewtwo-Y over the Life Orb variant because of this little bastard

[Image: smeargle.gif]

Insomnia helps out a ton in this format in comparison to Pressure and the extra speed is also nice. To be fair, outside of Kangaskhan you really don't need Fighting coverage this year nor do you need Ghost coverage. The Dark types in the format already threaten you with Sucker Punch (so does Kang) so it is a waste to prepare for them by simply running Fighting moves. Mewtwo with Calm Mind, Psystrike, Grass Knot and Protect puts in more offensive pressure.

Venusaur is really bad this year without the Mega especially if the sun isn't up. Would not recommend using this.

Item removal really only helps against Xerneas matchups that don't include a Pokemon that KOs Weavile with ease. Knock Off isn't very good for dealing with this year's threats plus P-Groudon and Mewtwo deal with everything you would need Weavile for.

I have personally taken a liking to Kyurem-W and Zekrom in this meta. Kyurem-W nukes a lot with LO Boosted Draco Meteor, Earth Power and Ice Beam/Flash Cannon. Zekrom on the other hand demolishes threats with Choice Banded Bolt Strike. Something fun I saw was Zekrom + Cloud Nine scarf Golduck, Golduck uses Soak on the opponent then Zekrom finishes them off with Choice Banded/LO/Zap Plate/Expert Belt Bolt Strike.

There isn't really much I can suggest here to be fair. Go for broke and test the waters with Kang and Xerneas on the ladder to become more acquainted with the metagame then the inspiration will flow in due time
[Insert signature here]

Messages In This Thread
Trying to build a vgc16 team - by bradar485 - Dec 23, 2015, 08:08 PM
RE: Trying to build a vgc16 team - by Marcusube - Dec 24, 2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Trying to build a vgc16 team - by bradar485 - Dec 25, 2015, 11:44 AM
RE: Trying to build a vgc16 team - by Marcusube - Dec 25, 2015, 08:07 PM