Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

2ds help
I am looking to buy a new ds to play pokemon and smash, but I don't know whether the new special 2ds will be able to play future games like sun and moon (I'm a bit confused by the new and old 3ds thing they have going on) I tried asking amazon but I got mixed responses. any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is my first proper thread so if i did something wrong i would love to know for future reference, thanks!
I couldn't find much by google. It might be a good idea to call Nintendo if you want the real answer. You can find them here.  (I mis-read the post, thinking you were asking if the 2DS played New 3DS games.)

The 2DS plays all games the origal 3DS does, just without 3D and on a much smaller screen, more targeted at younger childen. I do not know if it plays the few New 3Ds games. I'd assume not. But Pokemon is unlikely to use New 3Ds only software, and Smash Bros. works fine on the 2Ds.
(Apr 10, 2016, 06:36 PM)Cheesy Demon Wrote: I couldn't find much by google. It might be a good idea to call Nintendo if you want the real answer. You can find them here.  (I mis-read the post, thinking you were asking if the 2DS played New 3DS games.)

The 2DS plays all games the origal 3DS does, just without 3D and on a much smaller screen, more targeted at younger childen. I do not know if it plays the few New 3Ds games. I'd assume not. But Pokemon is unlikely to use New 3Ds only software, and Smash Bros. works fine on the 2Ds.

thanks for the answer I guess I'll just have to buy a new 3ds to be sure
Get the New 3DS just for future proof's sake.  Smile
I have a 2ds cuz lol cheaper. I highly recommend getting a 3ds instead. I downloaded a monster hunter demo just to find out the 2ds is missing a second slide stick thing -__- so the new 3ds's are certainly a much better option.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
I have a normal 3DS and that works fine for me. I usually don't even use the 3D. The bigger screen and controls are already amazing
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?