Poll: MM3D or MH4U?
Majora's Mask 3D (Zelda is teh best evar!)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Multiplayer and killing monsters FTW)
Both! (Buy all the gamez!)
Neither... (Way better games out there -_-)
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[3DS] MM3D or MH4U?
While admittedly, I'm a little late to the "Friday the 13th games" party, the way things look now, I'm likely to be buying one (or both) of these games later on today. And so, I though I would ask you all which of the two you all have bought/would recommend at this time to perhaps help me in deciding which of the two I should buy. While I am likely to get both eventually, like I'm assuming many people are, $80 is kind of a lot to spend in one day, but I might just have to if you all highly recommend both. Also, feel free to elaborate on your recommendation, because I would love to hear what you like or dislike about either game as well as any initial thoughts you may have. Thanks for any help you can provide, guys! :D
I wish I had the money to get both, but for now I'll have to stick to LOZ, since I can be absolutely sure I'll enjoy the game.
I'm Umbreon, the nocturnal member of #TeamForum
Those well-practiced in the art of deceit may find themselves welcome to join me on Town of Salem...
(Feb 14, 2015, 01:51 PM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote: I wish I had the money to get both, but for now I'll have to stick to LOZ, since I can be absolutely sure I'll enjoy the game.

Yeah, I was basically convinced that I wanted to get only Majora's Mask at first because it's one of my favorite Zelda games so I knew I would love it, but after seeing Justin play Monster Hunter yesterday, I realized just how huge and fun the game looks. The demo barely seems to scratch the surface of what that game has to offer.
I opted to get MH4U over MM. My reasoning's were that i'd prefer a new game over a remake, and that i think i'll get more hours out of monhun. I'd play through MM at most 3 times, i don't think i'd be ale to do it any more than that. While on the other hand- i'd easily get 200+ hours out of playing the singleplayer and multiplayer monhun with friends.

But that's just my opinion. As much as i love the Zelda series i always get the game that i'd get the most playtime out of.
if you can only get one get MH4 otherwise get both after all there's always the old version you can play on the computers etc for the narative of MM
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
Evil and weather, you both make very good points. I do already have the N64 version of MM anyway, although apparently the remake does have some kind of new content. Overall though, I think that if I decide to only get one, MH4 would be the way to go. Although I may just end up getting both despite the cost. :P
Honestly I think I'm just going to have to accept that Nintendo is going to bleed my dry over the next couple of months. At this point, I think I'll probably just end up getting both, seeing as i don't really have much else that I have to pay for at the moment and because I highly doubt that I'd be disappointed by either. Thanks everyone for your input! Having a firsthand perspective on these games is incredibly helpful. For anyone who hasn't replied to this thread yet, feel free to keep sharing what you like or dislike about these games. I'll jump in too once I get my hands on them. :D
I haven't played either games before, but since I have played Zelda games, I'm going to side with UU and Naitre and say get MM Kappa
Eckley weren't you supposed to get one of the two today? If so, I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't gotten to you yet.

On another note, I'm glad to see that nobody has voted for the "neither" option yet. kappa
@PK I did get it today, but I never had the chance to play the original on the N64 (because my brother had control over it since he's older than me), so this is my first time playing through MM