Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] Anime newbie looking for shows/movies
Would anyone be interested in me doing a bi-weekly anime review on this forum? I've watched anime for over half my life, you name it and I've probably seen... it four times.
I'll mention a couple since they haven't been mentioned at all yet.

One that is pretty much a mandatory watch is Trigun.  It has an extremely good English dub, and a western-ish theme that makes it very accessible.  

My all-time favorite is Vision of Escaflowne.  I do strongly recommend watching the sub over the dub, though.  The dub isn't all bad (it's still watchable if you're the type that absolutely refuses to read subtitles), but they got a lot of things wrong, especially Dilandau's voice.
holy crap Dragon ball z is good
Bo bo bo bo bo bo bo is a really funny anime, it was shown on Cartoon network long time ago. Its really stupid but stupid enough to make you laugh
༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽
     ༼ ◕_◕ ༽ Megumi is best Waifu ༼ ◕_◕ ༽
update on my progress: I'v finished Dragon Ball, DBZ, Evangelion 1.11, and FLCL. They've all been F  kappa  kappa  kappa ing awesome. FLCL and DBZ are up there Smile man are they good :') Next up is Evangelion 2.22. Does anyone know if Evangeleon 3.33 has been English dubbed yet?

Edit: ah man the soundtrack for FLCL....
Nice but you have along way ahead of you young one. Kappa
     ༼ ◕_◕ ༽ Megumi is best Waifu ༼ ◕_◕ ༽
Wink 
Slice-of-Life Animes are pretty nice to watch. You don't have to invest a lot into it to enjoy it... I recommend Lucky Star or Ikamusume (Squid Girl) :D
Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm loving the ones I'm watching. Evangelion 2.22 was so much better than 1.11.

And Kill la Kill is so good, so pervy, but so funny Smile I just wondered if the Goku uniforms are so named in reference to Son Goku, I noticed they're named something else in the Jap version (I also noticed the region the academy is set in is called Kanto. Confirmed remakes? Kappa )?

After I'll be watching Hunter X Hunter. What other anime are there that are as punchy-punchy, awesome, and funny like Dragon Ball (Z) and Kill La Kill? Does anyone have anything like that (or can point out which of the originally mentioned anime are like that) because it's bloody perfect for me!!!! :D
(Feb 11, 2015, 03:01 PM)Onihige Wrote: Would anyone be interested in me doing a bi-weekly anime review on this forum? I've watched anime for over half my life, you name it and I've probably seen... it four times.

I would love that
Clannad
attack on titan
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
boku no hero acadamia
one punch man
shokugeki no soma
Toaru Majutsu no Index- is the same world as
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun- this anime so you should watch it as railgun season 1 index season 1 index season 2 railgun season 2
Sword art online
log horizon
1/2 prince(depends on preference has gay characters)
Metabots
Beyblade
bdaman
gundam seed
Dragonauts
Toriko
one piece
Fairy tail
Bakuman
Tsubasa no chronicles
Highschool of dead
Hellsing
Guilty crown
blood lad
Sora no Otoshimono
HunterxHunter
bakuman
Grantz(quite Gorey)
Avatar last air bender then legend of Korra(if your count those anime)
rosario vampire
Danganronpa
Law of ueki
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan
accel world
the world God only knows.
... i had written a small description of each but my teb closed some how and made me lazy. If you want ill give you detailed comments on any of these titles just tell me in a comment and i will reply with a description. some of these animes have sexual connotation such as sora no otoshimo, highschool of dead, grantz, and bloodlad but no hentai ****. Kappa yah...... just reply if you want any info