Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] Anime newbie looking for shows/movies
I don't think anyone has said it here, but, depending on your age, NINJA SCROLL is a great anime. You should be at least 17 years old before you watch it or get a parents permission. It's not "that bad" but you don't want to get in trouble for watching anime.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Feb 7, 2015, 10:34 PM)weather Wrote: It's a shame that the anime ended for Reborn. The manga got a bit dodgy while it headed towards it's climax, and the ending was extremely terrible. But the battles were always something i looked forward too.

Agreed the ending wasn't that good but fight scenes were good. Its still one of my favorite manga
Honestly Kirby: Right Back At Ya is pretty good if you like the Kirby games. The dubbed and subbed versions are both well-made.
Eden of the East. Amazing anime. People say the movies are a letdown but imo its a great starter anime.
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
(Feb 7, 2015, 08:26 PM)sidewinderl Wrote:
(Feb 7, 2015, 05:53 PM)EspeonKing Wrote: Thanks Smile What do you mean by confusing? :S

Ever hear the Beatles song I Am the Walrus? It's pretty much the most confusing song they ever made, and it's no secret Lennon was on acid when he wrote it.  When the Beatles found out that a high school class was analyzing their songs, Lennon wrote the most confusing song he could think of and said "Let the little  Angelers work that one out."

That's FLCL in a nutshell.

I can deal with trippy so long as it's fun Smile I read the synopsis and it sounded like something to do with portals, a richenbacher 4001 bass, and robots? ...
(Fun Fact: the Beatles' Paul McCartney owns a Richenbacher 4001 and it was used in I am the Walrus)
(Feb 7, 2015, 10:59 PM)Justin Wrote: I don't think anyone has said it here, but, depending on your age, NINJA SCROLL is a great anime. You should be at least 17 years old before you watch it or get a parents permission. It's not "that bad" but you don't want to get in trouble for watching anime.

The film or the series? or does one follow on from the other?
Serial Experiments Lain, for the really weird ones out there. My all time favorite.

Some others: Freedom, Macross SDF, Macross Frontier, Shion no Ou, .Hack Sign, Aishiteruze Baby, Alien Nine, Area 88, Azumanga Daioh, Battle Athletes Victory, Boogiepop wa Warawanai, Earth Girl Arjuna, Hi no Tori, Honey & Clover, Juuni Kokki, Kaiji, Kamichu, Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, Key the Metal Idol, La Corda D`Oro ~primo passo~, Nekojiru Gekijou, Nodame Cantabile, Oniisama E, Paranoia Agent, PlanetES, Saishuuheiki Kanojo, Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou, Tsukihime, Utena, Starship Operators, Tsukikage Ran, Vampire Princess Miyu, Welcome to the NHK, Yugo the Negotiator, Angel Beats, Another, Bounen no Xamdou, Ghost Hound. Guin Saga, Haibane Renmei, Jigoku Shoujo, Occult Academy, Patlabor, Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom, RideBack, Seirei no Moribito, Spice and Wolf, True Tears, 3x3 Eyes, Banners of the Stars, Crest of the Stars, Dragon Half, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Nana, NieA_7, Otaku no Video, Shigofumi, Rose of Versailles, Space Brothers, Kino no Tabi. Oh, and let's not forget Now and Then, Here and There.

Those are a bit all over the place, look 'em up further individually for more information. It'd be a biiiit hard for me to cover them all in detail.

Okay, I am the king of wasted time...

Edit: The ones in Bold are some of my personal favorites. Most of them are a bit on the weirder side. There are exceptions, though. Such as PlanetES.
(Feb 11, 2015, 10:45 AM)Onihige Wrote: Serial Experiments Lain, for the really weird ones out there. My all time favorite.

Some others: Freedom, Macross SDF, Macross Frontier, Shion no Ou, .Hack Sign, Aishiteruze Baby, Alien Nine, Area 88, Azumanga Daioh, Battle Athletes Victory, Boogiepop wa Warawanai, Earth Girl Arjuna, Hi no Tori, Honey & Clover, Juuni Kokki, Kaiji, Kamichu, Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, Key the Metal Idol, La Corda D`Oro ~primo passo~, Nekojiru Gekijou, Nodame Cantabile, Oniisama E, Paranoia Agent, PlanetES, Saishuuheiki Kanojo, Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou, Tsukihime, Utena, Starship Operators, Tsukikage Ran, Vampire Princess Miyu, Welcome to the NHK, Yugo the Negotiator, Angel Beats, Another, Bounen no Xamdou, Ghost Hound. Guin Saga, Haibane Renmei, Jigoku Shoujo, Occult Academy, Patlabor, Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom, RideBack, Seirei no Moribito, Spice and Wolf, True Tears, 3x3 Eyes, Banners of the Stars, Crest of the Stars, Dragon Half, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Nana, NieA_7, Otaku no Video, Shigofumi, Rose of Versailles, Space Brothers. Oh, and let's not forget Now and Then, Here and There.

Those are a bit all over the place, look 'em up further individually for more information. It'd be a biiiit hard for me to cover them all in detail.

Okay, I am the king of wasted time...

wow...
someone really likes anime!
I probably won't even get around to watching half of these, but could you maybe point out a few of your favs? and I'll definitely add it to the list (captain America style :P haha)
(Feb 11, 2015, 11:10 AM)EspeonKing Wrote: wow...
someone really likes anime!
I probably won't even get around to watching half of these, but could you maybe point out a few of your favs? and I'll definitely add it to the list (captain America style :P haha)

Haha, yeah I somewhat like anime. Also been watching it for... many years. I'll edit the list later and mark some of my favorites in bold.
If you like pokemon you could watch digimon similar but if you want a specific season I would suggest digimon frontier because the kids turn into digimon which makes it badass also if you like yugioh i'd suggest cardfight vanguard