Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] Anime newbie looking for shows/movies
Opposing to popular opinion, i must speak against Steins;Gate. The first 12ish episodes, are in some aspects kind of boring in my opinion, which could be a reason to stop watching the show. (Dont get me wrong, i think its a great show, just not for "beginners" who just sarted getting into anime)

I would recommend more action packed shows, with faster pacing. Something in the likes of Tengen Toppa Gurenn Lagann or Kill La Kill, are great (TTGL is the show that started my passion for it). If you want something that focuses more on mind games and a engaging plot. i would recommend Death Note or Code Geass,
Well if you like blood and gore....
Mirai Nikki was really good. It had a really good use of a yandere character and an interesting concept for the most part
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is really gorey, but also fantastic. It's confusing at first, but it's a must for psych-horror fans
Death Note is another psychological horror, but with a lot less gore. Don't get me wrong, death should be implied (after all, it's called Death Note) because there is a lot of death.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a magical girl anime, but it's a deconstruction of the genre. And it's done really well.
Ouran High School Host Club is a really light hearted humorous anime about a commoner going to a school for rich people and having to work for a group of them after breaking a vase. This is my favorite of the shojo I've seen.
I'm Umbreon, the nocturnal member of #TeamForum
Those well-practiced in the art of deceit may find themselves welcome to join me on Town of Salem...
(Feb 6, 2015, 09:02 AM)EspeonKing Wrote: A side question: I've always wondered, but what is Justin's Twitch offline screen from? Just curious Smile

Bump. ???
(Feb 7, 2015, 09:41 AM)EspeonKing Wrote:
(Feb 6, 2015, 09:02 AM)EspeonKing Wrote: A side question: I've always wondered, but what is Justin's Twitch offline screen from? Just curious Smile

Bump. ???

FLCL

It's really good, but also confusing as hell. And really short, only 6 episodes i think.
(Feb 7, 2015, 03:33 PM)weather Wrote:
FLCL

It's really good, but also confusing as hell. And really short, only 6 episodes i think.

Thanks Smile What do you mean by confusing? :S
(Feb 7, 2015, 05:53 PM)EspeonKing Wrote:
(Feb 7, 2015, 03:33 PM)weather Wrote:
FLCL

Thanks Smile What do you mean by confusing? :S

Everything that happens seems pretty random, and then it's not explained properly so you're just left there like ??? most of the time.
Like, a horn appears on the MC's head after Haruko hits him on the head with a guitar. Which is confusing enough, but then they explain that the horn's actually a portal which giant robots travel through. Which is even more confusing.
@Eeveeli Oh but if you read the manga you know serious changes happen Kappa (talking about AoT)
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

(Feb 7, 2015, 05:53 PM)EspeonKing Wrote: Thanks Smile What do you mean by confusing? :S

Ever hear the Beatles song I Am the Walrus? It's pretty much the most confusing song they ever made, and it's no secret Lennon was on acid when he wrote it.  When the Beatles found out that a high school class was analyzing their songs, Lennon wrote the most confusing song he could think of and said "Let the little  Angelers work that one out."

That's FLCL in a nutshell.
Hitman Reborn is an awesome series it starts off a little slow as a comedy then it becomes an awesome action series I recommended it to everybody
It's a shame that the anime ended for Reborn. The manga got a bit dodgy while it headed towards it's climax, and the ending was extremely terrible. But the battles were always something i looked forward too.