Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] Dragonball Z
Loving all of these answers guys. What was all of your favourite sagas? Mine was the Cell saga just because gohan finally unleashed his full potential, was the first to become SSJ2 and was so bad ***. Now.....well gohan just isn't my fav anymore. I have a feeling he will be more useful in the new movie and Vegeta better get SSJ God! Or at least SSJ3!!
MASTER ROSHI!! Haha

But in all seriousness, next to Master Roshi my favorite probably has to be Future Trunks. It took Goku 10 episodes to make a spirit bomb to beat Frieza, while it took ~10 minutes for Trunks to beat him AND King Cold. Probably my favorite fight of the series too.
The human fighters were my favorite.  I really hated how it was always the aliens defending Earth while Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha were pretty much only there to get crapped on to the point that they all gave up after the androids.  All 3 of them were more than a match for Frieza by the end of the series, but you wouldn't have known it by how they were treated.   Even the human cyborgs ended up getting the same treatment...or worse treatment in 17's case.  "That guy who was wiping the floor with Saiyans just a minute ago? Uh, he's probably around somewhere."

I also hated how there were no consequences for arrogance.  It wasn't that they were constantly dragging out every fight for 20 episodes...it was that they were screwing around for 99% of the fight and never paying the ultimate price for it.  When Krillin was fleeing Frieza and then solar flared him, that was it. Game over for Frieza.  He was completely at Krillin's mercy, and could not have survived.  Obviously they wouldn't let that happen.

The best DBZ fight was Raditz. Earth's defenders (the alien ones anyway) were equally outclassed and instead had to rely on actual teamwork and suicidal determination to even have a chance of squeaking out a win. After that, the show was pretty much all about "let's drag things out and try not to die too much before the messiah arrives to save us."
I completely agree with you. I love everything about DBZ. I agree that the human fighters should've been more useful and gotten a better story instead of "Let's let this villain beat the **** out of us and wait for Goku to arrive and wipe the floor with them". Other characters had so much potential. Piccolo at one point fused with Nail and kicked Frieza's butt and then he transformed and became useless right away. Another instance was when he fused with Kami and became a Super Namek, again became useful fighting Cell's first form then when Cell transformed became useless.

Another character that I would have loved to see be more useful and get a better story was Tien and Yamcha. I mean in Dragonball they were unstoppable forces, even Chiatzu. Once DBZ hit they became useless for the most part.

Probably one of my very few quirks with the series but all in all I still absolutely love every bit of it. Looking forward to the next movie.
yo I'm watching Dragon ball and I can't wait to get to DBZ does anyone know if there is a list of RELEVANT episodes.
The one thing I get put off by anime is filler arcs. I despise it. haha, but I'm really enjoying DB I just don't want to watch those filler storys etc.
Dragon Ball will always have a place in my heart...

Fav chars:

1. Bardock
2. Mirai Gohan (one arm epicness)
3. Super Kami Guru Drop It kappa
4. Janemba
i'm a very new fan of DBZ (I put it up to the fact I grew up with 5 channels on TV), my favourite character is handsdown Goku but Piccolo and Vegeta have their moments Smile My favourite saga is the Vegeta saga. So badass seeing Goku fighting Vegeta, and finding out about the Saiyans :D

My favourite quote has to be:

- Cell
Be sure to watch DBZ Abridged.

can someone help me out with the placement of the DBZ movies between the sagas?
Can't decide between Goku and Vegeta. I like Goku more but I like Vegeta's personality more. Does that make sense?

Anyway I can't wait for revival of F