Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] Anime newbie looking for shows/movies
I recommend Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, One Punch Man and Tokyo Ghoul.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Can't believe this thread is over a year old D:
Currently watching Fairy Tail, I'd recommend No Game No Life to anyone that hasn't watched that! It's like the good aspects of yu-gi-oh and Sword art online had some rumpy-pumpy time and then the female of the two ejected No Game No Life. :P
Yo-Kai Watch
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
I don't know who recommended what, since I did not read all the post, but I have a few recommendations.

1. Darker Than Black and Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor
2. Cowboy Bebop + the movie (probably watched this one at least 2 dozen times)
3.Outlaw Star
4.Gundam (There are a bunch, but if you want an easy one watch 8th MS Team.)
5.Trigun
6.Grave of the Fireflies (beware of onions)
7.Samurai Champloo
8.ToraDora (This is a romance series)
9.Full Metal Panic (This is old but there is a new season finally coming)
10.The Berserk Movies

Bonus - Big O (Think Batman if Batman had a giant robot.)

I watch an unreasonable amount of anime, so I can keep doing this. Been watching since I was 10 and I'm 26 now. I tried to throw in a mix of new and old with some different genre. If you need a link to any of these feel free to shoot me a PM.
I implore you to check out Charlotte. The reviews are sorta mixed, but I personally loved it. If you want to watch a short sci-fi anime then Charlotte is a fantastic pick!

Do you like dogs? Cool, watch Lovely Muco!

Fanservice? Myriad Colors Phanotm World is a fanservice-filled action/sci-fi anime with an episodic system that never ceases to amuse me

Hope I helped!~
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
Jojo re zero or the fate franchise
Im still waiting for a Soul Eater's remake Sad
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (season 1) and Magi: The Kingdom of Magic (season 2, don't confuse the seasons) is one of my favorite anime of all time. It may look like your reguar shounen but it's more than that. There's something bigger that is going on and as the story progress  you become more curious about what happened in the past and who the protagonist really is. One huge plus is the main protagonist is not as annoying as Naruto, Gon and other shounen protagonists imo.
(Nov 24, 2016, 03:54 AM)jamboyrph Wrote: Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (season 1) and Magi: The Kingdom of Magic (season 2, don't confuse the seasons) is one of my favorite anime of all time. It may look like your reguar shounen but it's more than that. There's something bigger that is going on and as the story progress  you become more curious about what happened in the past and who the protagonist really is. One huge plus is the main protagonist is not as annoying as Naruto, Gon and other shounen protagonists imo.

You're so right. Most shounen leads are annoying af. Boku no Hero Academia has a borderline palatable shounen lead as well though and D. Grayman's protagonist is pretty great as well..