Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] One Piece
Anybody else a reader/watcher of Eichiro Oda's long-running superpowered pirate saga? I was a relative latecomer to the series myself (I started off with Bleach and refused the other "Big Three" manga for several years), but for the last few years I have been stunned with the consistent and thoroughly fascinating characterization, worldbuilding, and plot development of One Piece. Anybody else in the same boat?
-sandragon13
Be sure to check out my Otaru Regional Fakedex.  Updating regularly with new Fakemon.  Always looking for feedback!
(Aug 9, 2015, 05:09 PM)sandragon13 Wrote: Anybody else a reader/watcher of Eichiro Oda's long-running superpowered pirate saga?  I was a relative latecomer to the series myself (I started off with Bleach and refused the other "Big Three" manga for several years), but for the last few years I have been stunned with the consistent and thoroughly fascinating characterization, worldbuilding, and plot development of One Piece.  Anybody else in the same boat?
   -sandragon13

O yea i love one piece! I'm really interested in the Supernovas and the Yonko (especially Kaido) my favorite characters are
Aokiji
Marco
Zoro
Law
Blackbeard
X Drake
Luffy
Sanji
Akainu
Im very hyped for Kaido Big Mom Dragon And the gorosei One Piece is awesome!
I've got a lot of theories as to what's to come. There's a lot of Youtubers and podcasts that are great for learning more about the world and all the moving parts.
-sandragon13
Be sure to check out my Otaru Regional Fakedex.  Updating regularly with new Fakemon.  Always looking for feedback!
I'm kind of on the same boat (lol) as you. Was introduced to the series when it first started airing on Toonami wayy back in theearly 2000's (the golden days...). But recently I've started to catch up with the manga and some of the major anime points of interest (Amazon Lily, White Beard War, etc.). Definitely a very fun and creative series!

Also! If you're looking for more One Piece content, check out a youtuber called Sawyer7mage. He does reviews on various manga chapters (Naruto and One Piece mainly), anime episodes/series, and other things too (like Game of Thrones episodes)! He's personally my favorite; he's basically like another Forneverworld (another good reviewer) but very clever and funny (witty comedy of course, not dumb flailing around).
(Aug 9, 2015, 05:09 PM)sandragon13 Wrote: Anybody else a reader/watcher of Eichiro Oda's long-running superpowered pirate saga?  I was a relative latecomer to the series myself (I started off with Bleach and refused the other "Big Three" manga for several years), but for the last few years I have been stunned with the consistent and thoroughly fascinating characterization, worldbuilding, and plot development of One Piece.  Anybody else in the same boat?
   -sandragon13

Ultra fan here! Guys who would want to start you may want to read the manga instead, or lose your 2 months worth of life watching 700+ episodes (source:me). Oda's a genius! The anime art may turn others off though. Kaizoku ou ni ore wa naru!
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

I've been following the One Piece Podcast a lot recently. Very interesting stuff; they along with several YouTubers (RogersBase is another good one for One Piece) are a really good resource to expand the reading experience. I have my own theories, of course, but hearing the theories of others is also really coo, especially in a world this expansive.
-sandragon13
Probably a bit late to this thread but I'm a huge fan of One Piece!
I started late as well but when I started reading the manga I kept reading for a good month straight till right after the fishman island arc (which was the current chapter when i caught up).

There is so much that can be speculated at this point and Oda is just teasing us with reveals but I like to just not assume or think about whats next too much to keep from being disappointed.

I personally just cant wait for this next adventure/arc to see more of the crews powers and what they can do. I know luffy, zoro, robin, and franky showed off alot at Dressrosa but what about sanji, chopper, and brook?

Also Sanji wanted alive......What? Why?!
What are your theories as to why sanji is wanted only alive?
He's the son of somebody important. I've heard theories that he's the son of a Celestial Dragon, or even one of the Gorosei.
-sandragon13