Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Bot Accounts
Exclamation 
Hey Everyone,

It was brought to my attention that some bots have made it through registration. I'm currently working with my dev to delete the accounts and make it more difficult for them to register. You may not have even noticed, but in case you did, we are aware.  Heart
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Mar 7, 2015, 10:34 AM)Justin Wrote: Hey Everyone,

It was brought to my attention that some bots have made it through registration. I'm currently working with my dev to delete the accounts and make it more difficult for them to register. You may not have even noticed, but in case you did, we are aware.  Heart

Sorry to ask, but what are bots?
(Mar 7, 2015, 10:53 AM)naitre Wrote:
(Mar 7, 2015, 10:38 AM)Julia234 Wrote:
(Mar 7, 2015, 10:34 AM)Justin Wrote: Hey Everyone,

Sorry to ask, but what are bots?

Pretty much just like it sounds. Bots are usually created via some type of script, so the accounts aren't actually run by real people, but instead a computer. They usually exist to spam links in order to bait clicks to get page views and revenue or something of that nature.

Ahh ok so it's like the Google, and Bing accounts that I see down the main index?
(Mar 7, 2015, 10:55 AM)Julia234 Wrote: Ahh ok so it's like the Google, and Bing accounts that I see down the main index?

Actually, those are a bit different. They're accounts that search engines use to browse the forum so that we can get more results on those search engines.

The bots in question look like a normal account but just make posts that are advertisements and often don't make sense. So they just spam.

I've been doing my best to just perma-ban and purging all the posts of bots for a few months now (and I know a few others have been doing the same) so hopefully
not many people have seen them. =)
I'm the lead developer for the site! (Formerly My Cupcake Money)
[ My Stream | My Pokeradar Thing ]
Let me know if anything comes up~
(Mar 7, 2015, 11:00 AM)My Cupcake Money Wrote:
(Mar 7, 2015, 10:55 AM)Julia234 Wrote: Ahh ok so it's like the Google, and Bing accounts that I see down the main index?

Actually, those are a bit different. They're accounts that search engines use to browse the forum so that we can get more results on those search engines.

The bots in question look like a normal account but just make posts that are advertisements and often don't make sense. So they just spam.

I've been doing my best to just perma-ban and purging all the posts of bots for a few months now (and I know a few others have been doing the same) so hopefully
not many people have seen them. =)

Ok, well I haven't seen any then xD
I've seen a lot of them and some advertise "questionable" websites

Also take a look at the birthdays much botiness
Destroy ALL THE BOTS!!!!
I'm just here.

#RowletBois
IceyGamer may or may not be a bot account. Idk might want to keep an eye on them.
(Mar 7, 2015, 06:36 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: IceyGamer may or may not be a bot account. Idk might want to keep an eye on them.

totally a bot, what human would have almost 2000 Forum posts with out spamming NSFW web links
Yeah im pretty sure iceygamer is a spam bot
GET RID OF ET!