Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Going Forward
Hello Everyone!

Been awhile since we had an update post in regards to how we are doing in the forum and its current/future plans. Before anything, will like to thank everyone who has help out the community whether they've been actively involved or using our resources done by community members. We all the appreciate the support from everyone from our tenured members to the recent newcomers who stumbled upon site by chance. As always, we strive to be an open-minded community where everyone here can engage each other in open discussion and interactions whether its based on Pokemon, other games, or anything else.

With all that said and done, there's still some major work to be done here to improve our community. As of right now, Pokemon Sun and Moon is still going strong with people taking interesting whether its from a competitive scene (Smogon / VGC), general trading between one another, or the new features / applications released such as the QR codes and Pokebank. If anything, I feel that there's no better time to join the community whether its being an active members or engaging other people in any meaningful fashion.

Here's a list of things to look out for at Pokemon Forever:

Competitive Sections

Given my status as a competitive mod, expect there to be more resources and Pokemon builds from not just me, but others community members as well. Currently we are accepting any Pokemon builds that follow our guidelines for either Smogon or VGC. We will try our best to review any content or RMTs from other members here and offer any form of critiques to help them grow competitive. For those who contributed in the competitive sections the last few months since the launch of SuMo, we are taking notice of your efforts here to assist both new and veteran players alike. There are some future projects we are currently under wraps about, but will mention in due time.

Kahunas

Now everyone has probably seen the announcement thread for the 2nd Big Wave coming, and it surely hit. To keep this short, we are looking for people who can be assistants to the moderates here at Pokemon Forever and want to rewards any outstanding people who constantly participated or been engaged in the community, and want to further assist as well. I will like to thank @Vinnie , @Haruna , @Hojunhu , and @GingerxPug our current Kahunas for doing a great job with their tasks and being part of this community. Am really looking forward to reviewing new Kahunas in the application process and working with them for the next two months. Again for those who are interested in being a Kahuna, feel free to look at this thread link here.

Trading / Giveaways

With the release of Pokemon Bank update for the recent SuMo games, there will a new drive for players to find and exchange Pokemon from previous generations. That said, I hope we continue to see community interactions with one another in regards to trade interactions and exchanges likely in a collaborate effort. In regards to the Giveaways, we will like to thanks our hosts for continuing their generosity with spending time giving players Pokemon whether its for breeding or competitive purposes. We'll continue to monitor any issues and complaints concerning the any misconducts, such as spams or alts.

Discord

Given we have a Discord server, will like to stress some pointers some people had told me about. We still do follow the rules as given in the forums since a good portion of our userbase are children and don't want to cause and further issues or arguments to occur within the chat. Obviously we want everyone in the forums and discord to follow the basic rules their and continue their interactions with other users. If there are any issues / problems that arise in the Discord, contact either myself, or one of the active moderators at Discord. However, like to stress most of the moderators here are busy in their daily activities or other IRL stuff, so if they aren't active, please wait until either us or one of the Kahuna / users brings any issues / concerns to our attention.

Tournaments

After hosting two successful tournaments here at Pokémon Forever, we are currently working with any community members here to host more in the upcoming future. Despite hosted two VGC tournaments, we are going to attempt a variety of formats such a Smogon Tiers, Battle Spot, or other with interesting conditions. Again these tournaments are possible with the support of the overall community here and we will continue to grow our competitive base here. For our current upcoming tournament, feel free to go here to register.

Contributions

Last, but certainly not least, I will like to say we are always open to hearing what the users have to say about growing the community. Personally, I'm open on Discord or at the forums to listen on what any of you like to say or have done here, though be reasonable and coherent. Again if anyone has any questions about how they can contribute here or any issues, concerns, or clarification on anything in general, feel free to contact me, @"Elly" , @ChaseInfinity , @"Squeab" , @Unit501 , and any of the mods here.

Anyways thanks for reading this and have a great day! Smile
It's a good time to be alive (or at least a member of Pokemon Forever)!
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades
Good stuff Black!
#LillieDefenseSquad