Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Pokemon VGC League
As some of you know youtubers such as TheKingNAPPY and ShadyPenguin have started a pokemon league called the UCL. I want to bring that to the table only in VGC form. We will draft teams of 12 pokemon from each tier and learn how to battle with them in the VGC style format. If you dont know VGC rules here you go: http://nuggetbridge.com/news/standard-ru...n-updated/

The date and time of the draft will be decided depending on how many people will be in the league.

Now as for teams this is going to be fun. The team names are required to be from a town, city, or state from your home state and be a pokemon with the first letter sounding like it. Example: New York Ninjasks. Your team name connot be the same pokemon in the evolution line of anyone else

Now this is where the variation comes into play.
- If someone chooses a pokemon then you cannot choose that same pokemon. So if I choose Swampert you cant.
- Teams are allowed only 1 Mega Evolution so choose wisely
- THIS IS NOT SMOGON THERE IS NO UBERS TIER IN VGC

Have fun and I hope you can join the league Smile My team is gonna be the Central Jersey Swamperts
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Nice Idea Alec..... Cant wait to see how this goes :D
So will we be going my smogon tiers, but for vgc rules? This is gonna be fun if so!

my boy Pokeaimmd gonna win UCL tho <3
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
OMG..... Connecticut Cubones Kreygasm
(Jul 26, 2015, 11:49 AM)Bucsfan818 Wrote: OMG..... Connecticut Cubones Kreygasm

Ok so there is absolutely a town in Connecticut called Mianus..... The Mianus Marowaks Kreygasm
Indiana Infernapes. Lets gooooo-
I'm feeling the Schenectday Sceptiles for me. I've been wanting to get in on something like this since it sounds like so much fun.

Too many teams in the UCL to root for but if I had to pick one then I'll be rooting for the Tucson Terrakions all the way. But the St. Louis Rampardos was sort of my inspiration for my team I used in today's tournament.
Hillsborough hitmontops 4 da win
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
I might want to join, i need to start practicing VGC anyways

as for my team name, West Virginia Whirlipedes
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
The Los Angeles Nidokings are going to take the cup Smile

Anyways a couple of people like myself and Tygaa2 talked about making a league of sorts buts wanted it to be exclusive to long-time members from the Forum/Replay partly 2 reasons. First being we don't want this league to collapse similar to how the season 1 of the Dodrio cup did were most of the newer people left and second since we already know each at least somewhat well. We should open this up for the second season if there is continued support. Now as far as drafting is concerned, I've figured there are 3 solutions to this. First off, we can just go by a drafting Pokemon however we feel like (disregarding tiers/placements) and our work is almost cut in half. The second option 2nd option is if we could draft the Pokemon based on this on the user LatiosRider datamine of the Pokemon Global Link stats and use it as a basis for the tiers.

On a final note, I propose that there should be some bans in this league considering we'll be restricting ourselves between 8-12 Pokemon each and we cannot cover for everything in the meta. I'm just gonna throw this out there, but in a league format like this Dark Void and Psych-Up Minimize (or evasion if we want to go that far) should be banned from the start so there is no "auto-win" for anyone using this. Perish Trap (Shadow Tag/Arena Trap + Perish Song) is debatable but I'll leave that open for discussion if people don't want this strategy used. That's basically my thoughts about the league so I'm eager to see where this goes from here.