Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

About Shiny Hunting and Stuff
Star 
*Have played 4 generations of Pokemon and still doesn't have more than 40% knowledge over the game FeelsBadMan*

So, I would like to address some questions about some things related to Pokemon OR/AS since I've lately had the urge to play Pokemon again after a long break. I owned the game since its release and I've completed it about twice and now I want to start again and do some serious ****. (am I allowed to swear btw?)

So, here are my questions:

1. What is the average Search Level for DexNav where you get to encounter a shiny pokemon and does it change from Pokemon to Pokemon or is it just random?
2. Can you chain DexNav searching and if so, does it modify the change of encountering a shiny pokemon?
3. For Horde Hunting, do you require more than a Pokemon with Sweet Scent in your party and do you have to clear the pokemon you encounter or you can just run from the encounters until you find a good one?
4. Does Horde Hunting chain? And if it does, what breaks it?
5. In DexNav, what exactly does the Potential reffer to? Does it affect the Shiny Encounter chance?
6. I'm looking for a shiny Ralts on Route 102 and the DexNav gives me encounters with Ralts(s) that know Teleport since at Level 9+ or something they always learn it and I'm afraid that my shiny might know it. Will he always use Teleport? And except a Master Ball, what can increase my chance to catching one of these (I know I can get Quick Balls but I want to get my Ralts as soon as possible and I still can't go to Lilycove City for the big market building thing where afaik they sell them Undecided )

Also Off-Topic question idk where to put it:

-Where do I change my Signature thing?  Smile

Thanks in advance for just reading this.  Tongue
I can't actually answer of the relevant questions since I don't shiny hunt on ORAS, but I can tell you that you need to be a 'trusted user' before you can have a signature and change your title. To be a trusted user you need some amount of Rep around 20-ish. I think I got it at 18.

- Sancho the Supporter Supreme
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
1) It depends on a multitude of things. I can refer you to this https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/...robability. For me, it usually takes 100-105

2) Yes, it all depends on chaining.

3) If you want, you can have a false swiper/synchronizer. You can run.

4) No, you can leave and come back

5) IVs

6) You can get a pokemon with arena trap or mean look. Also, you can buy quick balls at Fallarbor

These are pretty vague. Feel free to ask for clarification.
1) There is a bunch of stuff on the dexnav chances, and its affected by amount seen before (which you can increase by Horde Hunting), and the length of the chain.

2) Yes. The higher the chain the better. Its affected by what I mentioned above.

3) You only need 1 Sweet Scent knower. I honestly suggest Tropius for the job, as it has the ability to learn a lot of the HMs too. Combine it with HA Carbink with Skill Swap and an AOE attack (Dazzling Gleam works). A Smeargle as a 3rd for just in case helps too.

4) Yes and No. It can be chained, where you can do the same area until you get tired. The chances don't lower per encounter though. BUT there are locations that are assured certain pokemon with a high rate.

5) Better IV's, HA, Held Item.

6) Sleep 1st turn helps. And/or moves like Taunt.
So, I have to do a non-stop search on the same pokemon without getting the -no pokemon have been encountered- text thing? I never manage to do that, it always breaks at some point for no reason.

@TheAlmightySancho oh, it makes sense then  Smile

Also for 5. that means that the higher potential the better IV's I get? That's quite useful.
(Jun 27, 2018, 03:07 PM)Whispérr Wrote: So, I have to do a non-stop search on the same pokemon without getting the -no pokemon have been encountered- text thing? I never manage to do that, it always breaks at some point for no reason.

@TheAlmightySancho oh, it makes sense then  Smile

Also for 5. that means that the higher potential the better IV's I get? That's quite useful.

Yeah, basically.
(Jun 27, 2018, 04:04 PM)moo311 Wrote: Yeah, basically.

HA, IVs and Egg Moves are a thing. Only the first of those usually happens in Hordes.
So how do I manage to DexNav chain without interrupting it then? I haven't found a guide to this and I already have my Ralts to 160 search level.
KOing the other pokemon you see in the chain.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DexNav This has most of the info you are prolly looking for.
Well, time to catch that shiny Ralts then.  Big Grin