Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Are you in College, High school, or already have your life worked out?
You guys all seem to have stuff sorted out. Lucky. ;-;

I'm a first year at college. I'm in the CNSA (Computer Systems and Network Administration, basically a glorified programming/IT sort of hybrid thing) program at my university, but I'm finding that I'm enjoying every class that ISN'T mandatory for us to take more than the ones that are. Granted, that's only two courses - Spanish and Psychology - but as much as I love my major, it makes me wonder if I should be rethinking some things.

At this point I'm going to pursue a minor in Psych but I think I want to keep going with CNSA. I'll probably have a focus in Cybersecurity like I've planned - I really want to become a part of the CNSA team at the LANL, but that won't happen unless I put in like 110% so I'll see how that turns out.
Second year university student studying biology/do extra lab work on teh side. Currently looking at various bodily samples and culturing them to determine the pathogen responsible for an infection. Hope todo my dissertation in virology and go on to do a masters.
I'm 4 years since graduating college.  Arguably in the "have my life worked out" crowd, but there's still a lot to get sorted out from here.  The learning never stops, as they say.

Also, to those in college and below, I say:
[Image: a57b00c85e364e87f3fcca9287ffb798a8f310f9...76a94c.jpg]

-sandragon13
i finished my first year of college. my major is cyber security. but unfortunately im taking a break due to medical reasons
Lots of different occupations and education in here. Love it.
I'm getting my Bachelor's in chemical engineering with engineering physics, just started doing my thesis. After that I'll probably be getting a Master's degree in nanotechnology and then hopefully a doctorate.

I also need to fit a failed career in stand-up comedy into my life.
(Jan 29, 2015, 02:50 PM)sandragon13 Wrote: Also, to those in college and below, I say:
[Image: a57b00c85e364e87f3fcca9287ffb798a8f310f9...76a94c.jpg]

This.

I have a degree in Civil Engineering as of this past December and I'm struggling to find a job that's semi local to my family and serious girlfriend (who has a bit of school left to finish). Right now I'm making rent by working part time for a construction management consultant and playing acoustic sets at bars.

I wouldn't call that "figured out", but as you get older you realize that nobody really knows what they're doing with life, no matter the age. haha
i am in highschool but I am home schooled. I am working towards Computer sciences to go into the criminal justice system.