Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[BUILD SUBMISSION] Dragonite-wall(mixed)
http://www.pokestadium.com/sprites/xy/dragonite-4.gif

Build:
Dragonite @leftovers
ability:multiscale
EVS:Hp 252, Def 162, SpDef 96
nature:careful
roost
dragon claw
protect
brick break

sorry, im not good at this, so now calculation right now. however, i would appreciate any tips or the calculations themselves.

basic n00b summary: dragonite is a moderate wall to both special and physical attackers and has a plethora of resistances. it can dish out fair damage with a base attack of 134, and can stall if the opponent is burned or poisoned. It also has the advantage of being able to break walls. However, it will take quite a bit of damage from hp ice and fair damage from other ice, fairy or dragon moves.

thank you for reading!
Is it VGC or Singles? I assume it is a VGC build because of Protect.. in this case:

Landorus-T and Sylveon (both of them in Top3 of most used pokemon in Battle Spot) destroy this set. Dragonite's typing is not even near the definition of "defensive", while its stats and movepool suggest to use a more offensive set.

Sorry but Dragonite doesn't work in VGC 15 as an offensive mon, much less as a defensive/support pokemon. Maybe in Singles...
I'm gonna have to back GMX here. Dragonite doesn't really work well in VGC 15 mainly due to the lando-t's and the choiced hydreigon's. But singles does sound better for this build and it might do well there :P Smile
This isnt really a mixed set considering it only has physical moves. I'd run Earthquake, Fire Punch, Extreme speed, or really any other move than Brick Break VGC or not. This set doesnt really work because of doubling up and breaking multiscale on turn 1. Here are some calcs so you dont have to run them.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Dragonite: 198-234 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Dragonite: 286-343 (144.4 - 173.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Dragonite: 294-348 (148.4 - 175.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Of course these are when Multiscale is broken and because of the spread moves that VGC has and how common fake out is, I doubt that it will keep it for long but here are the calcs anyways.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 99-117 (50 - 59%) -- 73.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 143-172 (72.2 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 147-174 (74.2 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
anywasy. thanks guys, it was meant more for singles. so maybe a revised addition here. dragon claw, roost, earthquake, iron tail(ice and fairy coverage)
Since it's a singles build, you won't necessarily have to do any spreads outside the basic 252/252 so I would go for max HP and SpDef.

As for being a wall, Dragonite does have the bulk to pull it off but the move choices here are questionable since Dragon has no effect on Fairies as well as Fighting is resisted by Fairies. Iron Tail may sound good but it doesn't cover a lot of types for super effective plus the fairy (if not Sylveon) most likely will outbulk or outspeed you and knock you out.

To be honest, if you want a Dragonite that functions as a wall, a simple Substitute, Dragon Tail, Thunder Wave, Roost set would cut it (other than the fact that fairies are immune to Dragon Tail).

Not being mean but this build is having a hard time making a spot on the viable side of the line. Perhaps some videos of how your build works would make it more convincing. Just a suggestions
[Insert signature here]
thank you, i have no video camera, as soon as i can make a legitimate team that has somegood pint i'll showcase this. thanks.
You could test your strategy on Pokemon Showdown and post the replay of it in action here on the forums
[Insert signature here]
i need a legitimate team for that, i am a n00b at everything competitive pokemon