Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Bulky Zapdos (VGC or Smogon)
Someone earlier posted a offensive zapdos set but lately ive been seeing a lot of bulky zapdos, so this is my thought on a good build
[Image: zapdos_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48n7.gif]
HP 90/ Atk 90/ Def 85/ SpA 125/ SpD90/ Speed 100
Zapdos @Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
Level: 50
EV's 252 HP 168 Def 68 SpA and 20 Speed
-thunderbolt
-roost
-protect (can be optional)
-HP ice (in which case you would need specific IV's)/heat wave/air slash/thunder wave/toxic

a few notes about this- if you would like you could move speed ev's to SpD or Def and even the SpA iv's if you really want it bulky. protect is pretty much on all bulky pokemon especially to get leftovers healing back. The last move is up to you and i would base it off of who is on you're team. If you don't have a dragon counter, HP ice is pretty obvious, but if you're team is weak to mega venusaur then air slash is better damage with a chance to flinch (if you wanna be that guy who rely's on hax  :P ), heat wave makes a good aegislash counter, thunder wave for a better tank set (in which case i recommend air slash over thunderbolt, as thunderbolt will not hit ground types), and toxic for a classic tank stall move. those are just some general reasons for which fourth move to use. I hope you guys like this and find it useful. comment below any changes you think would be good and Happy Foruming  :D
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
I'm guessing calm for the nature?
(Oct 4, 2014, 04:19 PM)Walken124 Wrote: I'm guessing calm for the nature?
i was gonna put bold and i just realised i didnt put it and came back and saw youre comment, thnx for letting me know, gotta edit that now
(Oct 4, 2014, 04:24 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote:
i was gonna put bold and i just realised i didnt put it and came back and saw youre comment, thnx for letting me know, gotta edit that now

the protect is kind of useless in this set

your better off running toxic and heatwave as apposed to protect and twave...with roost and good bulk you cant stall pretty well and dish out a decent thunderbolt as well

other than that the EV spreads are quite good and i would go with the bold nature as well
Oh Hai Der   kappa
(Oct 4, 2014, 04:54 PM)Heavy Wrote:
(Oct 4, 2014, 04:24 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote:

the protect is kind of useless in this set

your better off running toxic and heatwave as apposed to protect and twave...with roost and good bulk you cant stall pretty well and dish out a decent thunderbolt as well

other than that the EV spreads are quite good and i would go with the bold nature as well

thanks for youre advice, im not really a comp battler yet, but i enjoy teambuilding quite a bit. I didnt look into zapdos movepool too much for this cause i had a decent idea of what moves i wanted, and i didnt know he learned toxic. Great to know and thanks for your contribution :D
I may need to get this genned though I really like the bulky zapdos approach.
:D
(Oct 4, 2014, 08:08 PM)Walken124 Wrote: I may need to get this genned though I really like the bulky zapdos approach.
:D

glad to have helped someone find a set they like, have fun battling with it!! :P