Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Can evs compensate for bad nature?
(Feb 21, 2015, 08:40 PM)Rogue Wrote: I'm confused here... The most used nature on Politoed is either Calm, Sassy, or Bold. Mostly Calm/Bold. And a lot of people run Jolly Mega Kang, it's arguably the most effective and almost every top player runs it to outspeed/speed tie other Kangs. Also, Calm Thundurus is also very common? I mean, even Cybertron runs Calm thundurus...So not sure what you mean there by saying they would be a waste?

Modest Thundurus 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe = 823 total stat points
Calm Thundurus 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe = 819 total stat points

Is Calm Thundurus currently the most used set? Yes it is, because a Calm Thundurus with the right EV spread gets a decent bulk for its support role while still dealing a lot of damage thanks to its high SpA stat even without investing in it.

Is it the optimal nature to reach its max potential? No it's not, because you are wasting a total of 4 stat points.

This applies to Suicune too. To maximize total stat points, you have to go for Bold or Calm nature. But it's also true that a Modest Suicune can put at least a decent offensive pressure on those things that a Water type (+Ice Beam) should deal with, while still having an above-average bulk that allows to set up Tailwind+Snarls anyway.

(Feb 21, 2015, 10:31 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: Every team has different needs from each individual Pokemon and their Nature/EV's should be calculated to accomplish that.

We can summarize everything with this.

(Feb 22, 2015, 12:21 AM)Rogue Wrote: Edit: I've also had a bad day and as childish as it is, I let it get to me and I see that my words may have come off harsher than I meant them. I apologize.

You have solid reasons to defend your opinion, but hey this is pokemon for you (cit. Cybertron). We always learn something from discussions like this. I'm not saying i will run a Bold Suicune in the near future, but maybe.. :D