Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] EV Spread for Mega Gardevoir
[Image: gardevoir-mega.jpg]

As the title suggests, I want to know your thoughts as to what a good EV spread would be for Mega Gardevoir. I was running Choice Specs Sylveon, but Mega Gardevoir's base 165 Special Attack compared to Sylveon's base 110 makes me want to use her on my team.

Right now I'm running a pretty basic set up: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, and 4 HP with a Modest nature and the moves Protect, Hyper Voice, Psyshock, and Focus Miss Blast. It's basically the set up I used her in Singles for, just with Calm Mind and Moonblast replaced with Protect and Hyper Voice for Doubles.

I was wondering if I should invest in some bulk or not.
It really depends on how significant Gardevoir's role is in your strategy and who its team members are. An independent EV spread would be like:

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Level: 50
EVs: 32 HP / 140 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Hyper Beam
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

What this EV spread tries to achieve is to put Gardevoir in a decent enough speed tier that after Tailwind or Icy Wind support kicks in, Gardevoir will out speed all it needs to and strike efficiently. I went Timid nature here to save about 100+ EVs to put into bulk to make Gardevoir survive chip damage a little better. This EV spread also allows Gardevoir to survive at least 1 Brave Bird from a Life Orb Talonflame, however, there is a 6.3% chance that you will get fainted so be aware of that.

Protip :- Run Shadow Ball over Focus Blast because Wide Guard Aegislash is going to give you a rough time in VGC. Hyper Voice covers what Focus Blast needs to cover so it is a bit unnecessary.
[Insert signature here]
(Feb 22, 2015, 01:52 AM)Marcusube Wrote: It really depends on how significant Gardevoir's role is in your strategy and who its team members are. An independent EV spread would be like:

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Level: 50
EVs: 32 HP / 140 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Hyper Beam
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

What this EV spread tries to achieve is to put Gardevoir in a decent enough speed tier that after Tailwind or Icy Wind support kicks in, Gardevoir will out speed all it needs to and strike efficiently. I went Timid nature here to save about 100+ EVs to put into bulk to make Gardevoir survive chip damage a little better. This EV spread also allows Gardevoir to survive at least 1 Brave Bird from a Life Orb Talonflame, however, there is a 6.3% chance that you will get fainted so be aware of that.

Protip :- Run Shadow Ball over Focus Blast because Wide Guard Aegislash is going to give you a rough time in VGC. Hyper Voice covers what Focus Blast needs to cover so it is a bit unnecessary.

I like the idea of running Shadow Ball over Focus Blast. I'm running Modest because I want Hyper Voice to hit as hard as possible, but I do see that running a Timid nature would allow me to invest in some bulk. Definitely something to think about. I'm using a Tailwind Talonflame and an Icy Wind Milotic though so they both provide a speed advantage for Gardevoir.