Poll: About what should be my next "All Our Favorite" post?
This poll is closed.
Electric-Types
0%
0 0%
Fire-Types
41.67%
5 41.67%
Shadow Pokémon
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Alolan Forms!
[Image: crianza-pokemon.jpg]
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and this is the first time I've made an "All Our Favorite" post not about a Type!

If you don't count the original "All Our Favorite Fossil Pokémon," which was never intended to spiral into a series mind you, this is the first kind of post in this series. Of course, I'll never forget how much fun it was to type up the first "All Our Favorite" post back in May, but I can't believe it's August already. Is that hard for anyone else to believe? Well regardless, you all seem to like these posts, and so I'll keep making them! Pure and simple. Since the hype for Sun and Moon still hasn't died down over the last few months, and now the hype for the sequels has begun to pique in us all, I figured it was about time to give the pokémon of Alola their own spotlight. Alolan Forms was one of the most, if not the most, unexpected feature of Sun and Moon. I remember watching the trailer for the first time with my colleagues and no one knew what to say. We were all so stunned. The good kind. But once the games actually came out, it was clear towards which pokémon we'd gravitated. That being said, let's jump into it. My personal favorite Alolan form pokémon is:

Alolan Sandslash
[Image: A-Sandslash_RGB_300dpi.jpeg]
Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Rock Slide/Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Icicle Crash

Totally, completely, and eternally, my favorite Alolan form is the Ice/Steel-Type Sandslash. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that they breathed new life into one of my favorite Gen 1 pokémon (even though I only ever used one in Gen 3). Its Defense is great, give it a Life Orb and it'll wreck face, and with the introduction of the ability Slush Rush, Sandslash is actually usable for the first time in...well, ever. I never made a VGC team with Sandslash on it this metagame, and I've been kicking myself for it. But I'm sure it'll be the first thing I test in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as soon as Move Tutors come back. They'll be there, I'm sure of it. The second games in a generation always have Move Tutors (Platinum, HGSS, B2W2, ORAS, etc.). Also, if you're in need of a HA Sandshrew-Alola, just PM me! I've got plenty leftover from when I bred a Shiny Alolan Sandshrew, and subsequently evolved her into a Sandslash. She's just so pretty! She'd rather be shiny!

[Image: latest?cb=20170315123353]

In regards to other Alolan forms, I looked through them all and I realized that only I like most of them, not love them. So instead of the usual three, I'm only doing two today. Sorry everyone, but this is called "All Our Favorite" for a reason. Not "All Our Kind of Like." The other two Alolan forms I adore are:

Marowak-alola Persian-alola

We knew that Marowak was going to get an Alolan form thanks to Kiawe's character description, but we didn't fully understand what that entailed. So when Marowak's Alolan form was revealed weeks later sporting the Fire/Ghost-Type, everyone went crazy. Myself included. I think Marowak has one of the coolest, most creative designs of all the Alolan forms, and the typing just makes sense for it. I actually used one on my April International Challenge team, but you can read about that here: → (http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-RATE-MY...lenge-Team). It's a shame it's weak to Knock Off now, but it's still one of the best, in my opinion. The other Alolan form I just adore is Alolan Persian, making its second "All Our Favorite" appearance. Persian's Alolan form came under a lot of hate for looking like a watermelon, and the memes came soon after. Frankly, I think that if Alolan Persian is a beauty standard in Alola, then clearly the native Kantonians have unrealistic standards of beauty. Alolan Persian, you are beautiful, and nothing's gonna bring you down! Also, you get Parting Shot. People don't really know how useful that is. Big Grin

Well, that's it for Friday's post. As usual, I'll tag three fellow users in the thread below asking them what their favorite Alolan forms are. Hopefully we'll get some interesting answers as we jump on this Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon hype train!

Thanks for reading everyone! See you on Monday with my first post about Beast Balls! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

P.S. Find all three references in this post and I'll award the observant trainer with a legitimate Shiny Meditite! Good luck, trainers! Wink
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

I debated which three users I should tag in the post today, since I know that "All Our Favorite" is one of my more popular series of posts. However, I ultimately decided that I wanted to tag: @Corrosion2424, @Spyro190, @TimeTwist, and new user @bambam081890! Your question of the day is:

What is your favorite Alolan form, and what is your favorite way to run them?

Looking forward to all the discussion. Thanks again for reading! Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

- 0kamii

I found a lot of Alolan forms to be very underwhelming
I love Ninetales and Sandslash, they are really nice, along with aurora veil being a good move for setting up
I love Alolan Exeggutor because I recently got a shiny, the exact date is 7/25/2017, and it was my first shiny that I didn't fail rip geodude i thought my game was broken
Muk also has a really nice HA, though I don't think it works on Wonder Guard though

Also i finally made my team ready to rematch you 4v4 or 6v6, and this time they are 100% legit....
@Reis

I made a whole post about getting my Shiny Alolan Exeggutor. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Sorry you failed a Shiny Geodude. That Self-destruct nightmare. Dodgy

Also, sure. I'll battle you soon. Not today I think, but I'll definitely make time for it. Make sure you still have that Buzzwole for me too. I hope you still have it, because I still want it! Big Grin If not, no biggie.

- 0kamii

Before I even read this damn good job youve done here cousin' bringing shadow pokemon back into the discussion :D
I always loved ARaichu's ability to benefit from every Terrain, and VGC17 is the best tier to show it.

Raichu-Alola (F) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Surge Surfer  
Level: 50  
EVs: 12 HP / 4 Def / 196 SpA / 44 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Psychic  
- Thunderbolt  
- Nasty Plot  
- Protect

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-608252605

Yep, it's absolutely my favorite AF.
@wartty 

You're very welcome, cousin! I just love the Orre games, and I have a few ideas for posts featuring them. It'd take a lot of faith to make a post entirely about one of the Orre games, though. But who knows? Maybe if there's enough interest, I will make a post entirely about Colosseum or XD. In the meantime however, tell me wartty, which Alolan form is your favorite?

@Spyro190

Glad to see you responded, Spyro. Nice choice in Raichu, and that battle was fun to watch. I also like how you reminded us that Raichu benefits from all the terrains. Electric for Surge Surfer, Psychic for STAB boost, Grassy for lesser damage from Earthquake, and what's the benefit from Misty again? Fini is the Tapu I use the least, so I'm a bit fuzzy on what its perks are.

Also, why not run Encore on Raichu-Alola? Just curious.

- 0kamii

I really like Alolan Marowak myself. It's got a nice look to it, and the shiny looks even better, enough for me to Ally Chain for three days straight before a Shiny Cubone finally reared his little head.

[Image: marowak-alolan.png]

I haven't really seen this kind of purple much in other shinies, and I think that overall Alolan Marowak's design is simply stellar (Only Alolan Sandshrew and Eggxecutor are better), as well as it's Fire/Ghost typing. I have also heard it's okay competitively, despite being slow and having some flaws.  Smile

Unfortunately, my Shiny Alolan Marowak is cursed with a Rash nature.  Sad  RIP Competitive Potential: 2017-2017

"Marowak seems to have a great love for Pokèmon battles! Why don't you add him to your party some time?" -some guy wearing a straw hat

Alolan Vulpix, Ninetales, and Raichu would probably be my other favorite Alola Mons.
@0kamii  my favourite alolan mon is alolan Ninetails and alolan raichu

Alolan ninetails was my first favourite alolan mon to begin with , it was just so majestic with it's ice/fairy typing and alolan raichu was so cool and awesome to see it just surfing on it's tail.

Here's my setup for them :

Alolan Ninetails
Level :50
Item : Light Clay
IVs : 31/0/31/31/31/31 - all except for attack
EVs : 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Nature : Timid
-Aurora Veil
-Blizzard
-Moonblast
-Taunt

Alolan Raichu
Level : 50
Item : Aloraichium Z
IVs : 31/0/31/31/31/31 - all except for attack
EVs : 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature : Timid
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-Psyshock
-Signal Beam
(Aug 4, 2017, 10:47 AM)0kamii Wrote: I debated which three users I should tag in the post today, since I know that "All Our Favorite" is one of my more popular series of posts. However, I ultimately decided that I wanted to tag: @Corrosion2424, @Spyro190, @TimeTwist, and new user @bambam081890! Your question of the day is:

What is your favorite Alolan form, and what is your favorite way to run them?

Looking forward to all the discussion. Thanks again for reading! Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

- 0kamii

Oh no... (i'm not competitive (AT ALL, well i do battle tree/Battle Royale, but I'm not competitive-competitive, also, i don't really do battle tree/Battle Royale much))

So, um... My favorite Alolan Pokemon is Marowak. Marowak has a cool shiny and its design looks cool. Do know that i'm pretty casual, so I'm pretty much a noob and didn't really check out any Smogon/VGC news. I shiny hunted for a Cubone and then it popped up pretty soon after i started. That was my quickest shiny hunt. I might evolve this lil guy in the future as well. My other favorites are:

Raichu - the surfing mouse is cute! Although others might not agree, it looks like a large (but not that large) bean, a cuddly one, if it wasn't so shockingly electrifying some people, not that it wouldn't be cuddly if it shocks people.
&
Ninetails - It's design is Majestically Beautiful, and I think it's move, Aurora Veil, is great with a HA Alolan Ninetails (assuming it would be great to put on an alolan ninetails moveset with its HA)

Now back with Marowak. (needed to look up competitive Marowak (On Smogon) up cuz I'm such a n00b at competitive) Apparently it has some weaknesses (entry hazards,Ash greninja, and the sorts) Marowak is capable of beating Toxapex one on one. Trick Room is also good for Marowak, due to its low speed. Marowak is great overall (when hazards and speed aren't becoming much of a problem) and can OHKO and/or 2HKO certain Pokemon.

So guess that's it for this post :P

P.S. I might try to become competitive-competitive, although that isn't likely. @0kamii  Also, who did you debate and decide with?