Poll: About what should be my next "All Our Favorite" post?
This poll is closed.
Electric-Types
8.33%
1 8.33%
Water-Types
33.33%
4 33.33%
Dark-Types
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Dragon Pokémon!
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and the poll results on my last post are in and this is for what you guys voted!

Of the three options, I'm honestly surprised that the one about Dragon-Type pokémon won. I thought for sure that once I posted the option of battling my 1st place Emolga team, y'all would go crazy with the opportunity. I know I've already gotten a few requests for battles since then. But anyway, we'll worry about that later. You voted for a discussion about Dragon-Types, and I intend to deliver!

Dragon-Types are easily my favorite type of pokémon. Ever since I was a younger trainer I took pride in finding, catching, and training every Dragon-Type I could to its maximum potential. A lot of them are very tough to train, as they level slow and have very small catch rates. Not only that, but most of the Dragon-Types that we encounter are in the forms of legendaries or pseudo-legendaries like Garchomp or Salamence. As such, the Dragon typing has been seared into our memories as strong, powerful, and indisputably fierce. Until you throw in a Fairy-Type of course. Damn pixies...

But anyhow, my absolute favorite Dragon-Type pokémon has got to be this mammoth of a marauder right here:

[Image: latest?cb=20150408013542]

I mentioned in my previous post about Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon that Unova was one of the regions to which I grew the most attached, and it was mainly because of amazing pokémon like Haxorus. Say what you will about Gen 5 pokémon, there's no denying that there were some good ones in there. Haxorus, in my opinion, may just be the pinnacle of that awesomeness. The color-scheme really makes him stick out, and the red accents solidify this dragon as undeniable force! Not only that, but I think there's something to be said about Nintendo having the guts to stick literal axe blades on a pokémon's face! I guess it's not the Axe Jaw Pokémon for no reason.

Continuing with the trend of my previous 'All Our Favorite' posts, other Dragon-Types I adore are the following:

[Image: noivern.png] [Image: dragonite.png] [Image: dialga.png]

I hope these are rather self-explanatory. Noivern is easily my favorite Kalos pokémon, but you can read about that tragedy right here: (http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-DISCUSS...-Regret-It). Dragonite was the first Dragon-Type that we got way back in Gen 1, and in popularity terms, I think that lovable blob has held up. A female Dragonite named Anani was also the star pokémon of one of my FanFictions way back when I was a more serious fanfic writer. So Dragonite definitely has a special place reserved for it here. And the last one is Dialga. My favorite Gen 4 dragon, and also the only Shiny that I almost failed. But again, you can read about that in the link provided.

And lastly, as my friend suggested, I'll include two sets for use in recreationals. Here's the first one:

Set 1
[Image: haxorus.png]
Held Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Mold Breaker
252 Atk/ 4 Sp. Def/ 252 Spd
Moveset:
Outrage
Earthquake
Poison Jab/Iron Tail
Dragon Claw/Rock Slide

This set can put a dent in just about anything, and I prefer Poison Jab over Iron Tail because in a competitive match, 75% accuracy has a curious way of becoming 0%. Dodgy

Set 2
[Image: haxorus.png]
Held Item: Assualt Vest
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Mold Breaker
12 HP/ 110 Atk/ 126 Sp. Def/ 252 Spd
Moveset:
Outrage
Earthquake/Rock Slide
Poison Jab/Iron Tail
Dragon Claw

There really aren't that many ways to run a Haxorus. It's a huge, semi-fast attacker with a lot of Attack and decent bulk. I've used both the offensive and somewhat defensive sets and I think if you're going to use one, you might as well go all out. I don't like the Choice Band set because Haxorus already has one of the highest base Attack stats in the game, and once you click your move you become a sitting duck. If you like Haxorus, or any hard-hitting mon with meager defenses, like Rampardos, then at least be smart with them.

Well, that's all from me today. I'll probably start doing research on my next VGC candidate, and I am developing a battle request post for my 1st place Emolga team. I know there are those that want to see it in action, and I intend to deliver. In the meantime, I can't wait to see what kind of Dragon-Types all of you love. And...just to make things interesting, I'll try and get the rest of Amethyst 0mega involved. So what'll it be @RetroTyphlosion, @wartty, @TestarudoRi, and @ScottyThunder? What are your favorite Dragon-Types? And just to mix things up, let's ask new user @MajesticMamoswine. What is your favorite Dragon-Type? I hope to read you all soon. Battle onwards friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

My favorite Dragons are probably Dratini and Turtonator. Dratini is just an Adorable little snakey, and Turtonator is a FLIPPING FIRE DRAGON TURTLE THING THAT BLOWS STUFF UP, so..... yeah. And, I'm looking forward to that Fight the Emolga team thing, but you have to wait for me to finish remodeling my T. Room team.... though I just finished ev training Mimikyu yesterday. 
-RetroTyphlosion
P.S. This thread gave me a great idea! What if someday, we did Dragon types as a guild event?
P.S.S. On your set, you said that Haxorus was holding a Scarf. In your review, you said it was Banded. What item is supposed to be held?
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Hey, when you say "compete", how do you do this?
Like is it just by random battling on the Free Battle or is it some online competition that I don't know about?
@RetroTyphlosion I wouldn't mind doing a distribution for Dragon-Types. Though just a fair warning, Retro, they take a LONG time to hatch. I think every Dragon-Type in the game has a 10,000+ step hatch time, so we'll be at it for a while. But if you don't find that deterring, we can go for it as soon as we complete our first event. I wouldn't mind sending out a Turtonator, or a Trick Room Drampa, or any other awesome Dragon-Type we can concoct.

P.S. Set 1 holds a Choice Scarf, I said I DON'T like the Choice Band set.

@Reis Hey, Reis. I don't remember using the word compete, but if I said recreationals, I'm typically talking about casual battles between friends and in online battles. Battles that hold no sort of standing with reputation or rewards, just battles for the fun of it. And those are the ones I like the most, because anything goes! But while you're here, tell me, what are some of your favorite Dragon-Types. I'd love to hear it! Smile

- 0kamii

(Jun 14, 2017, 01:38 PM)0kamii Wrote: @RetroTyphlosion I wouldn't mind doing a distribution for Dragon-Types. Though just a fair warning, Retro, they take a LONG time to hatch. I think every Dragon-Type in the game has a 10,000+ step hatch time, so we'll be at it for a while. But if you don't find that deterring, we can go for it as soon as we complete our first event. I wouldn't mind sending out a Turtonator, or a Trick Room Drampa, or any other awesome Dragon-Type we can concoct.

P.S. Set 1 holds a Choice Scarf, I said I DON'T like the Choice Band set.

@Reis Hey, Reis. I don't remember using the word compete, but if I said recreationals, I'm typically talking about casual battles between friends and in online battles. Battles that hold no sort of standing with reputation or rewards, just battles for the fun of it. And those are the ones I like the most, because anything goes! But while you're here, tell me, what are some of your favorite Dragon-Types. I'd love to hear it! Smile

- 0kamii

Mega Ampharos, though I don't know if it counts. I like him because my Amphraros has an odd movepool, Power Gem, Signal Beam, Thunderbolt and Dragon Pulse.
If we are excluding megas, I'd say that Garchomp has to be my favorite. It has my favorite combination, Rough skin and Rocky Helmet, so it completely destroys and hits with a STAB Dragon claw which does an INSANE amount of damage.
It was also my first shiny I raised, and I have it today.
When I was a wee lad, back in the days of HG/SS, I WORSHIPPED the great Dragon types. I think I like Dragons so much because of my first ever Pokemon being Charmander who, eventually, turns into a giant fire breathing Dragon that isn't actually a Dragon. As for actual Dragon types, Dragonite will always be my favorite. I remember the episode of the Pokemon anime where Ash's Charizard fought Drake's Dragonite, and it was such a close fight, it made them both look so cool, which is why, to this day, they remain my top 2 favorite Pokemon.
This is the set I run for casual play for Dragonite

Dragonite @ Flyinium Z  
Ability: Multiscale  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Dragon Claw  
- Fire Punch  
- Hurricane

I personally love this set, its so fun to use. This is the same one I used on my team for KxA Regional Rumble, and MAN did it throw people off when I'd bomb something with the Z move. 

I'm really liking all these discussion threads that have been poppoing up lately, I feel like its breathed some new life into the forums, so keep em up, 0kamii!

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop
Bidoof best dragon type
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
My favourite dragon type just have to be flygon since it was my first dragon type in pokemon emerald and also my third party pokemon
Oh sure, @Reis! Of course Mega Ampharos counts. It's a Dragon-Type isn't it? I always figured Ampharos-Mega was better in Trick Room because it's so slow, kind of like Drampa, but without taking up a Mega slot. Garchomp is okay, but it's not my favorite. Props on the Shiny, though. The only Shiny Gible I have I obtained by chance, so...yeah... Blush

@ScottyThunder I know that Charizard isn't ACTUALLY a Dragon-Type, but at the very least he's an honorary Dragon-Type, same thing with Gyarados. I love the Dragonite set, and I really appreciate the feedback. Thank you very much, and yes, I do think I'll continue posting weird and interesting discussions. Wink

@SenpaisLittleEevee Oi, I've been trolled yet again... Dodgy

@Corrosion2424 Hey, Corrosion! I have very fond memories of Flygon as well. While I can't say it's my favorite Gen 3 Dragon-Type, it definitely gets the short end of the stick when it comes to being compared to Garchomp. I bet you're thrilled to see Flygon finally get some love with Dragon Dance being added to its arsenal. I bet you've got a great set that you use too! Would you care to share?

- 0kamii

@0kamii  sure , I can share my favourite sets , here's some sets I'd always use flygon for competitive

Set 1 : 
Level : 100
Item : Life Orb
Ability : Levitate
IVs : 31/31/31/31/x/31
EVs : 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Move 1 - Dragon Dance
Move 2 - Dragon Claw
Move 3 - Earthquake
Move 4 - Superpower

Set 2 :
Item : Scope Lens
IVs : 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs : 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Move 1 - Focus Energy
Move 2 - Draco Meteor
Move 3 - Earth Power
Move 4 - Giga Drain/Signal Beam

Set 3
Item : Choice Band
EVs : 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Move 1 - Outrage
Move 2 - Earthquake
Move 3 - Superpower
Move 4 - U-turn

Set 4 :
Item : Choice Specs
IVs : 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs : 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Move 1 - Draco Meteor
Move 2 - Bug Buzz
Move 3 - Earth Power
Move 4 - Heat Wave

Set 5 :
Item : Dragonium Z
EVs : 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Move 1 - Hone Claws
Move 2 - Bulldoze
Move 3 - Dragon Rush
Move 4 - Steel Wing

Those are some sets I use for my flygon , My Favourites are set 2 and 5 .

Also to say that I really got disappointed that Flygon didn't get a mega evolution while altaria did , I know that Gamefreak/Nintendo had a mega for flygon but it was too good for them to pick one so in the end they just made a quick mega evolution for altaria
*Sighs* Since both of the gen 3 dragons got their own mega evolution (mega altaria and mega salamance) I feel like flygon is left out