Poll: About what should be my next "All Our Favorite" post?
This poll is closed.
Fairy-Types
36.36%
4 36.36%
Eeveelutions
63.64%
7 63.64%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Ghost Pokémon!
[Image: pokemon-top-ten-ghost-types-wish-i-could..._large.jpg]

Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and in the spirit of Halloween (despite that some of you don't celebrate it) we're talking about Ghost-Types!

Ghost-Types are an interesting story for me. For a long time, I really didn't care about most of them. They were one of those types that I really saw no purpose to use, for I always either substituted their coverage with either a Dark- or a Bug-Type depending on the mon. Recently however, in the last four years or so, I've taking a liking to bunch of new Ghost-Types for which I had never previously cared. So even though it may be that fall's a-comin', or that I'm feeling in an especially spooky, scary mood, I feel that it's finally the time to talk about all our favorite Ghost-Types! Quick disclaimer before we begin however: there will be no jumpscare hiding in this post. I promise. I hate when people do that, and I wouldn't even know how to if I did. With that out of the way, my personal favorite Ghost-Type is:

Mismagius
[Image: f71ca3b6f623b27384d8a3f64c061402.png]
Mismagius @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power - Ground
- Mystical Fire

I've always taken the time to tell people that I played the Orre side games, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness, and those games were where I was first introduced to Mismagius' pre-evolution, Misdreavus. While I admittedly didn't care much for it then, come Gen 4 and Mismagius was revealed, I couldn't help but be drawn to its awesome design and good stat distribution. It pains me to hear people call Mismagius the 'Poor man's Gengar,' to that I say: "At least Mismagius still has Levitate!" The spread here is mostly for Singles, with Mystical Fire being my primary answer to walls like Ferrothorn, and HP - Ground for Heatran. Shadow Ball is easily Mismagius' best STAB move, and Dazzling Gleam is great against Dark-Types that think they have her beaten. I've had a lot of fun with this set, and even though it leaves the Magical Pokémon a little vulnerable, smart play coupled with good prediction can really make her a threat.

Other Ghost-Type Pokémon I adore are:

[Image: dhelmise.png] [Image: oricorio-sensu.png] [Image: giratina-origin.png]

There were a surprising number of Ghost-Types that I wanted to fit on here, and those be listed at the bottom. But I think these are some of my top 3. Dhelmise was a fairly enigmatic pokémon prior to the release of Sun and Moon because it was one of the only pokémon that wasn't given any information, nor any hints on how to find it (unless you had the player's guide). Playing through a game that had gotten so many leaks made the second half of the game feel stale at times, but Dhelmise managed to come in at the last second and wow me. While its typing isn't the greatest, it looks very cool and triple STAB is nothing at which to sneeze. Speaking of Sun and Moon, I knew from the get-go that Oricorio was going to be one of my favorite Gen 7 pokémon, and I was right! Dancer is a really fun ability to toy around with in recreationals, and the fans on the Sensu form remind me of Japanese geisha, one of my favorite subject about which to read. If you haven't read Memoirs of a Geisha, Geisha, a Life, or Autobiography of a Geisha, I would highly recommend them all! And lastly, Giratina is really just here because it was a Shiny I coveted for a long time, and I finally got it after 1,301 soft-resets! It had a Modest nature too, so I'm predicting a Special Attacker in my future.

Runner-ups:

[Image: icon-decidueye.png] [Image: icon-chandelure.png] [Image: icon-lunala.png] [Image: icon-cofagrigus.png] [Image: icon-mimikyu.png] [Image: icon-dusclops.png]

That's all for my Monday post! I hope you'll all stick around until Wednesday when "I Am An Axew" is getting its thrid entry! Looking forward to sharing that with you all. Don't forget to tell me what your favorite Ghost-Type is in the thread below, and make sure you all stay safe this Halloween!

Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for today's "All Our Favorite" post, I feel like tagging: @Keeghan, @Dova,  new user @wightvoid, and Spooky Cup 2017 winner @PerchPond! Your question of the day is:

What is your favorite Ghost-Type, and what's your favorite way to use it?

Looking forward to all the replies! Keep it G-rated too, please!

Thanks so much everyone!

- 0kamii

(Oct 30, 2017, 10:14 AM)0kamii Wrote: Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for today's "All Our Favorite" post, I feel like tagging: @Keeghan, @Dova,  new user @wightvoid, and Spooky Cup 2017 winner @PerchPond! Your question of the day is:

Thanks so much everyone!

- 0kamii

As long as it doesn't have to be pure ghost I say Aegislash! I Have a 5 IV, Adamant one spec'd for 252 attack and then slightly split special defense and speed. Moveset: Sword Dance, Shadow Sneak, King's Shield, and Sacred Sword. Boost my attack then attack as needed.
@wightvoid

Nope! It certainly does not have to be a pure Ghost-Type! I love Aegislash's Shiny form, but I can't say I've ever really used one in competitive play, Singles or Doubles.

What would you recommend for a good Doubles Aegislash set?

- 0kamii

(Oct 30, 2017, 10:47 AM)0kamii Wrote: @wightvoid

Nope! It certainly does not have to be a pure Ghost-Type! I love Aegislash's Shiny form, but I can't say I've ever really used one in competitive play, Singles or Doubles.

What would you recommend for a good Doubles Aegislash set?

- 0kamii

I haven't done a ton of competitive but the build I mentioned tends to be a good choice. The only changes I reccommend are to pick either speed or special defense. Have your partner be able to spare you the time needed to buff up. Once buffed Aegi can hit like a truck. Kings Shield let's you swap to shield form and can allow your partner to use multi-target attacks.

This leaves us with:
Adamant
Ivs: 31 all around except special attack works well
EV: 252 Attack and 252 special def OR speed and 4 defense 
Item: Focus sash/Spell tag
Moves: Swords Dance/Shadow Sneak/King's Shield/Iron Head or Sacred Sword
I really like Dusknoir, because of it's tankines(?)
Nightshade + Curse racks up damage really quickly, even if it is garbage. Just really fun to watch the opponent overlook curse (when it happens).
Oh and it's pokemon of the day :o
(Oct 30, 2017, 10:14 AM)0kamii Wrote: Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and for today's "All Our Favorite" post, I feel like tagging: @Keeghan, @Dova,  new user @wightvoid, and Spooky Cup 2017 winner @PerchPond! Your question of the day is:

Thanks so much everyone!

- 0kamii

Well, Ive always enjoyed a good 'ol eviolite Dusclops. Not that hes my favourite ghost but Ive always enjoyed using him as a tank that ruins peoples day. Other than that I never payed much attention to ghost types until gen five/ whenI saw Alolan Marowak. Fire is easily my favourite type and this thing looks dope (in my opinion) also, Ive been using it on the battlespot recently and it demolishes most things though when a water type or another ghost shows up it tends to fall short. Runner up is Coffagregus (just butchered the hec outa' that btw). If I beleived in love at first sight Id say this is a time it applies. Since I first saw it in White Ive used it in all my playthroughs of gen five and it is really helpful. Also, I put a choice scarf on it in gen six (it originally happened by accident) and would have a pokemon get maxed special attack and then batton pass so that this thing could spam shadow ball and 8/10 win!
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
I'd have to say that my favorite ghost type is between sableye and spiritomb. This is because of their unique type combo. I remember playing through pokemon ruby and trying to hit sableye with a supereffective move, but it never worked.
Thanks for the tag @0kamii  Blush I like the Ghost-type in general, but my favorite one is the good-old Gengar.
I used Gengar alot in VGC2015 and it was so good. Fast, hits hard while having many utility moves, good coverage in STAB, solid typing and ability. Really well-rounded.

Life Orb, Icy Wind, 55 base-power move, neutral-natured, no STAB, max SpA 1HKO'd Salamence... Considering spread move damage reduction too, that was crazy stuff.
[Image: icon-gengar.png]
Gengar @ Focus Sash (Sometimes Life Orb)
Ability: Levitate when I used it the most (RIP) now Cursed Body Sad
EVs: Max SpA and Spe, 4 HP
Timid Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Ball
-Icy Wind
-Protect/Will-O-Wisp

Honourable mentions:
[Image: icon-misdreavus.png] [Image: icon-sableye.png] [Image: icon-trevenant.png] [Image: icon-mimikyu.png]
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
Misdreavus.

That's all that needs to be said
OU MASTER RACE