Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help me getting started
Hi,

I'm currently thinking about getting back into pokemon from scratch.
That means I wanna go take it seriously so for me that means getting all legit available legendary pokemon shiny, getting, all shiny starters, getting competitive pokemon etc.
However in order to do that I'll obviously need to get alot of games.
So my question to you guys is which pokemon games do I really need in order to do the things listed above.
(I'm currently planning in only getting 1 3ds and when I get completed a few games get a 2nd)

Thanks in advance
I'm fairly sure you can get all the legendaries on ultra sun and ultra moon, and they can all be shiny except (obviously) the shiny-locked ones.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
if you want every shiny legendary possible, get ultra moon and ultra sun. you have access to every single huntable legendary before the final trial. shiny locked pokemon include: lunala, solgaleo, necrozma, cosmog, and magearna. if you want competitive pokemon, breed or sos.
(May 3, 2018, 08:58 AM)Cubivor Wrote: if you want every shiny legendary possible, get ultra moon and ultra sun. you have access to every single huntable legendary before the final trial. shiny locked pokemon include: lunala, solgaleo, necrozma, cosmog, and magearna. if you want competitive pokemon, breed or sos.

So if I only get ultra moon/sun I should be able to get all the legit legendaries.
Which games do I have to get in order to complete a living dex?
You'd probably want at least 1 game from every gen. I'm sure you wouldn't NEED to, but that would be the safest way. Also, you'd need pokebank to transfer pokemon between games.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
Get usum(ultra sun, ultra moon) those games have all the legends from the past ( and everyone, dint spoil i dont own the games yet)
For the living dex, I would highly recommend getting 2 gen 6 games, 1 from ORAS and 1 from XY. That covers all of the pokemon, except version exclusives you can get from gts and legendaries which you can get from USUM