Poll: About what should be my next post?
This poll is closed.
Our Teams from Galar!
66.67%
2 66.67%
All Our Favorite Galar Pokémon!
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Gen 8 Pokémon That Have Grown on Me! - with 0kamii
I've played over 100 hours of Shield, but have used the same team throughout. I got through 75% of the game with just 3 Pokémon; adding 2 for no other reason than for safety, with the end-game looming. Point being: I haven't allowed any Pokémon from Galar to surprise me yet, as I haven't bothered to use more than a handful of them.

I do hope to change that; but - as things stand - I've put the game down due to my unenthusiastic burnout, until Home happens and we can see what's what (and I can presumably make a huge jump toward a complete 'dex all in one go). I prefer to learn from the wisdom of others than to innovate on the cutting edge myself anyway (as I'm historically very bad at the latter); so I don't feel like I'm missing much.

But I appreciate the write-up @0kamii, and the YouTube links. Thank you. Are there any other recommended YT channels for the aspiring competitive player to utilize? I'm always game to watch people have fun with Galar, and it's interesting to me to see a Pokémon release cycle from the inside for the first time; with all the opinions flying and the dynamics changing week-to-week.

As far as the proposed topic goes: I'm sorry I don't yet have anything to add. I'll happily update you when an opinion has taken form. Smile
(Jan 20, 2020, 06:22 PM)0kamii Wrote: Great choices, everyone!

@wpendragon Which Morpeko set is your favorite? How do you like its Shiny forme?

@Hojunhu Galar Weezing has a lot of reliable abilities. I was under the impression Levitate was the most consistent because it gave it a free immunity, plus I didn't think it was wise to negate your own team's abilities. Evidently, it does in fact have its uses.

@Pwimawh_Kiogah I have some spare 5 IVs Stonjourner. Would you like one?

@Drangor2 Sounds like fun. And Corviknight is one of the coolest mons in the new Gen. If you ever want help completing the dex, let me know. I'll be happy to help.

@tudor28 Ah, my man. Big Grin Sirfetch'd was one of my favorite pokémon in SW/SH pre-release, and it did not disappoint. I actually had one on my League Team for SW. It was also one of the first mons I bred for IVs. I expect it'll find its way onto my Singles team soon, and possibly challenge Conkeldurr as my favorite Fighting-type.

- 0kamii

Sorry for the late reply! Yes please, I'd love one (and with such low chances of an Eiscue, the link code hotlines won't be a simple idea).
@Pwimawh_Kiogah Awesome, Pwimawh. If you'd like to trade, get in touch with me on our Discord server so we can setup a trade in real time. I have an Eiscue I can give you if you'd like that too.

Let me know, okay?

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

(Feb 1, 2020, 02:37 PM)0kamii Wrote: @Pwimawh_Kiogah Awesome, Pwimawh. If you'd like to trade, get in touch with me on our Discord server so we can setup a trade in real time. I have an Eiscue I can give you if you'd like that too.

Let me know, okay?

- 0kamii
Ready to trade. Preferably a Saturday. Already made contact on Discord. Got a HA Indeedee-F if you need it!