Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] How To Import Builds From Pokemon Showdown - Read Before Posting RMTs
Hello again, Jflynners. An issue that's been going on here is that members of our beloved forums are making posts that aren't meeting the criteria. I will not be getting into that today, however, I feel it is appropriate to at least make a guide on how to import builds from Pokemon Showdown.

The reason for this guide is to make new players aware that posting builds outside this format is
  • Harder to read
  • Harder to type up

Now I'll go through this step by step

[Image: 7yhPIPG.jpg]

Here we have our humble showdown window. This is accessed by going to play.pokemonshowdown.com then clicking "Teambuilder" then "New Team" > And the addition sign at the top.

From there, you simply type in a Pokemon from your team.

[Image: RWImD9g.jpg]

1. Here you select your item. The fun thing about this site is that if you don't know the name of the item, the window actually pulls up a list of items in alphabetical order with descriptions of what each item do.

2. This is the ability window. Only abilities the Pokemon can actually have are here. Just click the one you plan to use

3. Here is where you put in the moves. A list pops up showing all the moves the Pokemon can learn from Gen 3 up. This is good for finding some hidden gems such as Hydro Pump Salamence, Earth Power Ho-oh or even Nasty Plot Mr. Mime

4. This is the hard part. Here you are given the option of either making your own custom EV spread or using the "Suggested Spread" option. Suggested spread can be unreliable sometimes and it gives spreads that function only for Smogon, not VGC. If you are new to Pokemon and need ideas of how to build a certain Pokemon, you can click the "Smogon Analysis" tab for a full analysis of the Pokemon [RECOMMENDED AND VERY RELIABLE]. Lastly, choose a nature from the drop down menu and you should be good to go from there

[Image: 76v11Ry.jpg]

After you have completed the steps, simply click the "Import/Export" tab to bring up this screen. Copy and paste everything in the text box from Showdown to your forum post.

And there you have it guys!

Pokemon Showdown is a great place to practice battling and also a good place to test your teams! With this in mind, please test your teams and save your battle videos so you can share your experience with us, the community members *cough* and the secret team rating council *cough* and in turn, we can help you better your team.

Thanks again for reading this thread :D
[Insert signature here]
Woh @Marcusube. Impressive. I'll make sure to share.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Everyone should really look into this. It's very difficult to understand the formats of posts lately. Showdown is also a reliable testing grounds for everyone's teams. So before we go asking to rate our team, we make sure to check it out there first. There's a lot of formats to choose from. And a very good way to understand or at least have an idea of the meta. I learned a lot just asking questions and watching some games. As always, good job @Marcusube
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-RATE-MY...to-suggest this is mine did i do it right
@Marcusube ?