Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Is Pokemon Sun/Moon "too easy" ?
The question is in the title : Do you feel like Sun/Moon is, in a way, "too easy" ?

Let me explain.

Even though the time necessary to complete the story remains the same (30-40 hours I would say), I feel like the battle, and most of all the Pokemon capture have become really easy. 
I remember in the previous game, it was pretty hard to get all the Legendaries and other rare Pokemon (not just to complete the Pokedex, but to really HAVE them). Same thing for the evolutionary stones, it was a real pain the *ss to find them, or it took quite a long time to be able to purchase the items needed.

In Sun/Moon, I feel like it's not quite challenging. They literally GIVE you Type:Null as well as Cosmog and some others. All the Legendaries are really easy to find and capture (oh I remember spending hours trying to find and capture that freaking Entei), and you have a bunch extra Ultra Beasts you can trade for something else. On Pelago Island you can almost find all the stones on a daily basis etc.

Long story short, has the game become too easy ?  Undecided
i like that getting the stones is so much easier because i could never get enough in previous games.
the legendaries could be a bit harder to find and catch
I'm of the belief that légendaires being difficult to catch just breaks the pace of the game. It's not even difficulty, it's just obnoxious. As far as battles, since x and y, the exp share has become the switch for easy mode and hard mode. You don't have to use it, but if you don't, you're gonna have a bad time.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
I found that the trials are ten times harder. I spent a good while on each of those trials, barely holding onto my team. In a way this really is harder, because in x/y and oras, by the time i got to the elite four i was about in the 60s-70s. If you go by the pace of the game, Poni Island is the final island, and all of the pokemon there are only in the fourties. I would say that this gives hard aspects as well as easy. I hated finding the stones, and I especially hated super training. Also, in oras and x/y, i could catch things first turn in a pokeball. Capturing has become a lot harder. Anyways that's my opinion, y'all are welcome to yours.
Yeah, I admit that battle-wise, the game isn't easier than before. I also had a hard time with some of the trials as well (and I actually kinda liked this new type of challenge).

But Pokedex-wise, i don't see much of a challenge to get them all !
(Jan 8, 2017, 08:59 AM)CamilleLbd Wrote: Yeah, I admit that battle-wise, the game isn't easier than before. I also had a hard time with some of the trials as well (and I actually kinda liked this new type of challenge).

But Pokedex-wise, i don't see much of a challenge to get them all !

Yeah, you're right about the Pokédex - I finished all of the Alola Dex in a week!
High impact memes
<3 Fire Emblem <3 Pokémon
It depends on the way you play, but in most cases, if you leave the Exp Share on, you will be fairly significantly overleveled. It seems to me like they're trying to find the balance where you don't have to grind a la Gen V and prior, but haven't quite found it yet. I heard somewhere that they were having a problem with people stopping the game after the eighth gym because the level jump to the Elite Four was so large, and many don't have the patience to grind or come up with a strategy to make underleveled mons work. That's certainly no longer a problem with Gen VII and VIII, but as I said, I think they oversteered.