5 16.13%
Collection!
58.06%
18 58.06%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Legendary Abuse!!!
I'm going to be honest here, I feel that people who talk down on the whole use of legends in competitive are inexperienced players or players who limit themselves. Now don't get me wrong, I hate when legendary Pokemon centralize a metagame (yes, I hate VGC16 and refuse to play it because of this) but in the case where people use things like Volcanion, Raikou, Regirock and those other base 600 Legendary Pokemon, I don't really mind it because: 1. Normal Pokemon exist with base stat totals close to these, 2. Mega Evolutions have even higher BST, 3. Legendary Pokemon generally have limited movepools (except Mew) so they're easy to play around, 4. They have weaknesses which normal Pokemon can exploit on, 5. They aren't overpowered. Stats don't mean anything unless they're in the right place, 6. Legendary Pokemon have unique typings and abilities which add to competitive play, 7. Legendary Pokemon are a powerful force in breaking stall based teams, 8. Some holes in teams are best supported by legendary Pokemon and 9. They are just like every other Pokemon. They have weaknesses and strengths.

The real argument against legendary usage has to be how it pretty much invites people to hack their games with powersaves or Pokegen. Now, I have nothing against using save editing devices to mitigate the time that breeding consumes, however, Gamefreak actively fights out Pokegen while simultaneously encouraging players to cheat to get perfect IV Legendary Pokemon. To me this is stupid of the company

Overall, if you don't like legendary Pokemon, go play in a format where they aren't allowed, use your own or fight against it with normal Pokemon and bear it. Mega Evolutions rival and sometimes even overpower Legendary Pokemon and normal Pokemon in themselves have the potential to cause the same form of annoyance so the whole issue of people lashing out against Legendary Pokemon is asinine to me
i actually got a volcanion through wonder trade lol
so if you don't like it just give it away and make someone's day XD
I sr for shiny legendayrs then I just have them in boxes once I do get them shiny
Honestly the only problem I'm having with legends is with GTS.