Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] List all generations according to your liking
Main series games only and no remakes. Blush

From least favorite to favorite:

Gen 1: This was before my time, so my experience is from FireRed and VC, but I cannot count that here so RIP.
Gen 4: Never played it lol so that's why it's down here for me. I've heard good things about it though.
Gen 5: Recently played through Black 2, story is good, but most Pokémon are bland this generation and Hugh is a pain. The worst gen out of those I've played.
Gen 7: To much Dora the explorer, the depth of eploration and excitement just isn't there.
Gen 6: I enjoy X/Y quite a bit, fun story and several cool Pokémon introduced.
Gen 2: Where it all began for me, hard game, good story, at least the Johto part, Kanto is quite shallow for a region in these games. Many of my favorite Pokémon are from here.
Gen 3: The premier gen IMO, good story, many cool Pokémon, rather challenging and most of all, the post-game in Emerald is really good IMO (Battle Frontier, using braille and HM's to get the Legendary Titans, battling Steven in Meteor Falls etc)

Let me know what your list looks like Blush

Cheers
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
6 was boring, the OST saved it from being a complete mess. Characters of X Y were bland as all heck. And the Gen Thremakes were underwhelming.
7 needs improvement, OST is fantastic, but it's far too easy.
3 had a good OST and interesting characters, even if Maxie's goal was stupid.
1 was something I played more than 3 so I prefer it, plus some of my favorite characters are from Gen 1.
5 is a masterpiece, especially B2W2.
4 has my Johto remakes
2 has Kris
OU MASTER RACE
Gen 1: I feel it's the most bland and overrated. The pokemon designs are more direct then complex (like garchomp being a shark, plane, and gargoyle).
Gen 3: Again, overrated. The only good thing about it is it's soundtrack
Gen 4: I had very little experience with it, but it looks pretty nice.
Gen 6: I forgot about it, but amazing music, cool designs, and fairy type wasn't that bad tbh
Gen 7: Tried something new, and did it. Story felt rushed, but the idea was cool
Gen 2: Gen 1, but better in literally every way
Gen 5: I grew up on it. Music is stunning, it was very dark, and honestly some cool designs.
@Kris @Reis Surprising to see both of you list gen 5 so high, considering gen 5 usually gets alot of crap thrown its way. I probably have a skewed perception of generation 5, because I played gen 6 before it, so most things felt like lesser versions of gen 6. Also, I've only played Black 2 and White 2 and not the first ones.
1) 4th because Infernape and Garchomp are BAE 
​​​​​​2) 5th because it was the first set of games I ever played. First game didnt seem as bad to me because Id never played before so only gen 5 mons didnt bother me.
3) 6th because I completed my dex for the first time and megas, and İ shiny hunted , and Pss and I joined here (for the first time, not this account) and gen 3 remakes and and and....
4) 2nd because no matter how many times i play either version I love it. Its somewhat challenging yet not enough to make me rage quit.
5) 3rd because I like it better than the other two.
6) 7th because Its to hand-holdy at the begening.
7) 1st because they always seem so borig to me. (sorry)

just flip it upside down.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
@PerchPond I played a lot of Gen 5, so that explains it for me
OU MASTER RACE
@Kris I never really liked gen 5. Even after the release of black and white,I kept playing HGSS (id already beaten it) It seemed boring and i didnt like the graphics. while i never played b2 w2, as i stopped playing really during gen 5, I would have to rank it below 4,6 and 7
(Nov 6, 2017, 05:54 PM)Kris Wrote: @PerchPond I played a lot of Gen 5, so that explains it for me
@Kris And the Poké Transfer Lab I presume, getting Pokes from HGSS (Altough I said no remakes at the start of the thread Wink )
Well, we all seem to agree that gen 1 isn't the best :)
(Nov 6, 2017, 05:52 PM)Dova Wrote: 1) 4th because Infernape and Garchomp are BAE 
​​​​​​2) 5th because it was the first set of games I ever played. First game didnt seem as bad to me because Id never played before so only gen 5 mons didnt bother me.
3) 6th because I completed my dex for the first time and megas, and İ shiny hunted , and Pss and I joined here (for the first time, not this account) and gen 3 remakes and and and....
4) 2nd because no matter how many times i play either version I love it. Its somewhat challenging yet not enough to make me rage quit.
5) 3rd because I like it better than the other two.
6) 7th because Its to hand-holdy at the begening.
7) 1st because they always seem so borig to me. (sorry)

just flip it upside down.
@Dova Yeah I'm quite sad I took a break from Pokémon after gen 3 and didn't play gen 4, read alot that they were pretty good.