Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] List all generations according to your liking
@PerchPond lol I didn't even see the no remakes bit

@Reis Gen 1 is EXTREMELY overrated. It's Ok, but it has nothing on Gen 5, 4 or 2
OU MASTER RACE
Worst- 1st gen: I haven't played much of it and it bored me on the VC.
6th gen: I didn't really like the main story. It started out okay, but the story seemed to get worse for me.
7th gen: The very beginning bored me. It took way too long just to access the PC.
2nd gen: I really liked the pokemon from these games and the game was longer due to Kanto being included.
5th gen: Although I don't like a lot of the pokemon in the games, the story definitely made up for it. It gave me hours of gameplay.
3rd gen: I really liked the pokemon introduced in this game and the storyline was great. It would be #1, but gen 4 is just a little better than gen 3.
Best- 4th gen: I loved these games. Sinnoh introduced awesome evolutions to previous pokemon and the gen 2 remakes were amazing. Also, it introduced more methods of shiny hunting.
Gen:4 (plat)
Gen:3
Gen:1
Gen:6
3000 miles of dung
S/M
@PerchPond 

Oh, oh! I want in, pick me pick me!

I actually have a whole post planned on this, but a little teaser can't hurt. My order will be least favorite to most favorite. Keep in mind I like ALL generations, so it's really just a matter of which one I like the least.

7) Gen 2 - Johto
Sorry, @Kris. I have the fewest memories in Johto. I barely played any of the Gen 2 games, so it's easily the generation I'm attached to the least.

6) Gen 6 - Kalos
It's surprising how empty a generation can feel despite being so full of stuff. Looking back on it, Kalos was good for a one-time experience. I haven't gone back to it at all.

5) Gen 1 - Kanto
While not my first Pokémon games, they certainly left an impression on me. Kanto was a fun adventure with good characters and a satisfying conclusion.

4) Gen 4 - Sinnoh
One of my favorite generations, Sinnoh felt larger than it actually was on my first playthrough. I also remember discovering the Gible cave by complete accident. The Elite Four was actually tough, and the post game was well-stacked.

3) Gen 3 - Hoenn
As a proud Hoennbaby, Gen 3 holds the distinction of being my first Pokémon generation. The characters, for me at least, are nostalgic. And Pokémon is surprisingly tough the first time you play. I'll always love Hoenn.

3.1) Gen 3 - Orre
Gotta mention easily the most mature Pokémon protagonist. Orre packed an engaging story, diverse characters, and arguably the biggest difficulty curve of any Pokémon game.

2) Gen 5 - Unova
A Genwunner I ain't, so I'm going to give Gen 5 the praise it deserves. Great pokémon to choose from, awesome cast, and a mixed landscape just shifting enough to keep you trekking forward into the next difficulty spike.

1) Gen 7 - Alola
Pokémon stepped up their game with the seventh generation, and while they may not be the BEST games in the series, the story was engaging, the characters are memorable, and it's nice to see aspects of all the other regions come together in Alola. Not to mention the selection of new pokémon and Alolan forms was awesome. I literally almost used one of each my first playthrough because I couldn't choose between them.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

@moo311 @0kamii Fellow Hoenn-enthusiasts, nice! To me, Pokémon Emerald might be the most "complete" game of Pokémon, because it ticks pretty much every box for what constitutes a good Pokémon-game. Taking in consideration the limitations of its time and the platform it was on ofc. Later gens obviously have more tools at their disposal, better graphics, better platform in the 3ds etc. But all generations have at least something going for them because the basic concept of Pokémon is so great.
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
Wow, I can' believe I missed this! I'e played every generation all the way through, so I'll just list them by favorite to least favorite!

4: Nothing will ever top generation 4 for me. They were the first games I myself actually owned, since Red was handmedown. I played HG for years. I didn't beat Red atop mount Silver until I had well over 300 hours, and Pearl was the first main series DS game I played. Me and my brother would trade and battle on the bus ride to school every day, and the kids on the playground would all be walking around with their Pokewalkers. Those were good years

1: As a "genwunner" in my first like 5 years of life, Red was my favorite game as a kid. My cousin went to college and left me a lot of his old stuff, including his game boy and the games for it. I remember the first time playing it and just being marveled at the idea of playing a game that took place in the same world as the anime, which I watched every week with my little brother at my grandmother's house. It took me YEARS to beat it, since I was pretty young at the time. But boy, that Charizard was a MONSTER

7: Gen 7 felt the most nostalgic to me. It had a great story, great characters, and so much to do! It reminded me of HGSS, and it took me about 2 weeks to beat it, way more than any other game is played in the last like ten years!  By the time the end of the story came, I was in tears over Lillie! I caught Solgaleo the same day Carrie Fisher died, so he's rightfully named after her. I currently have over 800 hours invested in the game, and or  the first time completed the regional dex! Me and my friends play it together all the time, and without it I wouldn't be NEARLY as active as I am on these forums! 

6: XY is what got me playing Pokemon again. I DESPISED gen 5, and so after FINALLY beating those damn dragons at the league, I just stopped playing. For my birthday a few years later, I decided I'd pick up Y, because if heard it was pretty good, and I REALLY wanted a mega Charizard! Now, while I didn' feel super attached to the characters, I still enjoyed the story, and felt the Pokemon were designed much better than most of gen 5

3: Ruby and Sapphire were the game boy advance games me and my brother played the most. As a fan of the anime, I loved Ash's (at the time) Grovyle, so I picked up that little Treecko and proceeded to dominate the league with my team. This is one of the games I played the least, purely because I soon after got the fourth generation games, so I don' have much else to say

2: Gold and Silver are incredible games, but I've only played them personally a handful of times, and of those times, they were only emulators. Those games gave birth to HGSS, and I can never talk down upon them, because I thoroughly enjoyed playing through them, but I just never had the time to play the entirety of a gen 2 game on my computer, because I just had better things to do

5: At last, we reach the bane of the Pokemon community. Generation 5. Not much to say other than I just didn' enjoy it. I hated the new overworld style, the weather system was glitchy and would barely work, the Pokemon were terrible, (a chandelier. Really? A chandelier?) and the story was just boring to me. After the incredible mastery of technology that the fourth generation was, I expected so much more from GF. That is all

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop
(Nov 7, 2017, 07:51 AM)ScottyThunder Wrote: Wow, I can' believe I missed this! I'e played every generation all the way through, so I'll just list them by favorite to least favorite!

4: Nothing will ever top generation 4 for me. They were the first games I myself actually owned, since Red was handmedown. I played HG for years. I didn't beat Red atop mount Silver until I had well over 300 hours, and Pearl was the first main series DS game I played. Me and my brother would trade and battle on the bus ride to school every day, and the kids on the playground would all be walking around with their Pokewalkers. Those were good years

1: As a "genwunner" in my first like 5 years of life, Red was my favorite game as a kid. My cousin went to college and left me a lot of his old stuff, including his game boy and the games for it. I remember the first time playing it and just being marveled at the idea of playing a game that took place in the same world as the anime, which I watched every week with my little brother at my grandmother's house. It took me YEARS to beat it, since I was pretty young at the time. But boy, that Charizard was a MONSTER

7: Gen 7 felt the most nostalgic to me. It had a great story, great characters, and so much to do! It reminded me of HGSS, and it took me about 2 weeks to beat it, way more than any other game is played in the last like ten years!  By the time the end of the story came, I was in tears over Lillie! I caught Solgaleo the same day Carrie Fisher died, so he's rightfully named after her. I currently have over 800 hours invested in the game, and or  the first time completed the regional dex! Me and my friends play it together all the time, and without it I wouldn't be NEARLY as active as I am on these forums! 

6: XY is what got me playing Pokemon again. I DESPISED gen 5, and so after FINALLY beating those damn dragons at the league, I just stopped playing. For my birthday a few years later, I decided I'd pick up Y, because if heard it was pretty good, and I REALLY wanted a mega Charizard! Now, while I didn' feel super attached to the characters, I still enjoyed the story, and felt the Pokemon were designed much better than most of gen 5

3: Ruby and Sapphire were the game boy advance games me and my brother played the most. As a fan of the anime, I loved Ash's (at the time) Grovyle, so I picked up that little Treecko and proceeded to dominate the league with my team. This is one of the games I played the least, purely because I soon after got the fourth generation games, so I don' have much else to say

2: Gold and Silver are incredible games, but I've only played them personally a handful of times, and of those times, they were only emulators. Those games gave birth to HGSS, and I can never talk down upon them, because I thoroughly enjoyed playing through them, but I just never had the time to play the entirety of a gen 2 game on my computer, because I just had better things to do

5: At last, we reach the game of the Pokemon community. Generation 5. Not much to say other than I just didn' enjoy it. I hated the new overworld style, the weather system was glitchy and would barely work, the Pokemon were terrible, (a chandelier. Really? A chandelier?) and the story was just boring to me. After the incredible mastery of technology that the fourth generation was, I expected so much more from GF. That is all
@ScottyThunder Interesting list, thanks for sharing Blush I guess ones favorites in the end heavily depend on how much time you spent with each game
Let's see from least to favorite

# 1 Gen 6 - It just doesn't work for me the designs for the new mons were lacking and the difficulty of the game was by far one of the weakest causing it to be really easy to beat,plus these were the worst starter pokemon in my opinion.

# 2 Gen 5 - AKA the gen of the bug types, as a shiny hunter i must say i enjoyed alot of the shiny variants that was In this version and loved the designs of the legendary pokemon.

# 3 Gen 1 - Not much to say it's the one that started it all and you either love it or hate it.

# 4 Gen 7 - Pretty high on the list i know but truth be told sun and moon really gave me a fresh outlook on a pokemon game for the first time in a long time, having trials instead of gyms, the story line, the characters, the introduction of ultra beast, new features in the game, and the legendaries representing the sun and moon were perfect lunala a little more so than solgaleo.

# 5 Gen 4 - Loved these starters great plot awesome soundtrack had an Elite 4 that was actually difficult awesome legendaries with awesome roles in the Story, not to mention girartina is the coolest legendary in my book.

# 6 Gen 2 - The best set of starters in my opinion hands down all hail lord cyndaquil.

Gen 3 is aight i guess .

We'll that's about it for me but no matter what i enjoy a pokemon game to the fullest otherwise what's the point of buying it right. Smile

P.s. @PerchPond were u always a trusted member or did u just receive that title anyway's congrats on becoming a trusted member Big Grin it's also possible u we're 1 to begin with and i just didn't notice Huh
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
@Sharkfang2193 Seeing so many rank Gen 4 highly makes me more and more sad that I missed out on that gen Sad
What game is your favorite out of Pearl, Diamond and Platinum? I've been looking for used copies of Platinum, but it's impossible to get a hold of up here Undecided 

I agree, trying out everything a game has to offer, and from different angles, really is the way to go Blush

I believe I recently got it, love being able to customize my signature and such now Big Grin
(Nov 7, 2017, 02:13 PM)PerchPond Wrote: @Sharkfang2193 Seeing so many rank Gen 4 highly makes me more and more sad that I missed out on that gen Sad
What game is your favorite out of Pearl, Diamond and Platinum? I've been looking for used copies of Platinum, but it's impossible to get a hold of up here Undecided 

I agree, trying out everything a game has to offer, and from different angles, really is the way to go Blush

I believe I recently got it, love being able to customize my signature and such now Big Grin

Sorry to hear that you missed out on such an awesome gen out of the 3 i have owned 2 copies of diamond 1 of platinum, and 0 of pearl and i enjoyed playing platinum alot no matter how full my schedule was i would always make room to play it.

And the fun just increases when you unlock the battle resort catching high lvl mons and challenging previous rivals and gym leaders was the best plus i remember fishing there for hours just so i could catch a lvl 100 magikarp and finally catching it after a day of hunting. I would give you a copy of diamond since i have 2 but i guess that's impossible Sad seeing as there old games there's always someone selling them for like 10 dollors or less so if u keep looking u should be able to find one
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.