Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] My First Nuzlocke White Version (will update as I progress)
SO in anticipation for UM I started a Nuzlocke with my old Pokemon White Version and I though it would be fun to post my adventure here so here we go:

So to start out I choose my starter: "♂️Bacon" the Tepig 

OK SO LET ME EXPLAIN THE NAME.  I messed up while typing it and I didn't notice I had typed the ♂️symbol in there by mistake.  However I will learn to love this little guy dispite his nickname and I hope he will survive untill the end.

The reason I choose Tepig was because it would give me an advantage in the next three gyms: Water (with normal pokemon), Normal, and Bug.

Now as soon as I got on to route 1 I got the pokeballs which started the begin my nuzlocke and the first patch of grass let to my encounter: A level 2 Patrat

Now once I caught her and named my second member "Sahara" the Patrat

Now here is some very sad news...

I had leveled up Sahara to level 4 and I was fighting a level 3 patrat on that same route, I tackled it and took out about half it's health, and he used leer.  I then used tackle and on one hp it used tackle killed Sahara with a Crit.  And this was all before the pokemon center where I could put her to rest.  Heartbroken I was left to level up "♂️Bacon" by himself.

Now onto Route 2 when I got my running shoes I immediately went to catch a new team member: "Sass" the Purrloin, who is currently in my party.

I have not ventured anywhere past this and I will try and update this as I play more.

Have a good night and feel free to judge me for loosing a member this early below.

~FireTaco

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017-12-08_at_9.59.32_PM.png]
Mawr
@FireTaco

Oh, a first-time Nuzlocker! Good luck on the run, S-s-senpai! It's going to be a lot tougher than you think.

Don't feel bad about any death, early or otherwise. You'll soon realize that when doing a Nuzlocke, the odds of critical hits somehow becomes much higher than usual. I'm actually doing a Monolocke of my Ultra Moon version right now, so I guess we both have our hands full.

I will say this, beware of Ghetsis' Hydreigon. I know it's a long ways off, but it has coverage galore and enough Sp. Atk to OHKO your entire team. You need to prepare for it. Other than that, I never ran Black and White, only Black 2, so I don't know what else you warn you about.

Good luck regardless! If you find an Emolga, name it Oai'i! Big Grin

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

good luck on the nuzlocke! i remember the first time i did a nuzlocke on pokemon Y i trained my starter for over an hour and completely got demolished by the first gym, though i restarted and completed the nuzlocke it was an embarrassing moment. just don't lose tepig and you'll be fine.
Discord: Xander#9873, I'm back on ORAS, and I always love talking to anyone
"Clothes"
Good luck!
Thank you for all the support everyone, and now here is the next update:

So now I got to the next city, where my first gym challenge new pokemon member will be: the Elemental Monkey gift you get in the Dream Yard.   Beacause they are ment to cover the weakness you have with the starter pokemon you got, and mine being Tepig, I got Bannana the Pansage.

And with these new pokemon I went and bought some potions and began the gym challege  grinding up to battle the gym because I am a fragile child who can't handle taking another death.  R.I.P. Sahara

Now to go into the gym here are the pokemon I had on me:

"♂️Bacon" the Tepig at level 14
"Sass" the Purrloin at level 12
"Bannana" the Pansage at level 13

I was feeling very confident in my pokemon as I swiftly went through both of the gym trainers.  But I started to freak out when I realized mid-battle that both of Cress' pokemon had the move Work Up, which boosted their attack and defence.  The 2 stage bite of his Lilpup became a suprise I was not expecting.  It could easily take off 3/4 of ♂️Bacon's health.  And once that was done I had something worse to deal with: Panpour's work up and water gun would easily kill off my entire team besides Bannana.  However before he could set up any of these boosts, I did what any true pokemon master would do: Spam Sand Attacks with Sass so that he wouldn't hit anyone with that monster.  And it paid off as I was then able to set up a leer and vine wip till it was over, and I did not lose yet.  Big Grin

Now for the actual encounter in the Dream yard, Sleepy the Munna. 

And thats where I am right now, I'm thinking of posting my team on here later using my phone

~FireTaco

P.S. to shout of a few members who sent some helpful 

@0kamii Thanks for warning me about Ghetsis' Hydreigon, I'm sure that will be a fun update to write.

@xcr03 Thanks for telling me about your prior experience in loosing these kinds of challenges, I reasuring to hear that some succes and failure in common in these things.  PLUS I still have Tepig so I am happy to hear I'm that doing well so far.

@moo311 Thanks for your support

Also I have updated my profile picture in honnor of ♂️Bacon
Mawr
@FireTaco

Woot! S-s-senpai made it past the first gym! Only seven more to go! Keep going, FT! We believe in you!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Quick update because this was epic and I don't want to forget this:

Bannana my Pansage just defeated a Pansear with fury swipe.  I love Bannana now.

Also thanks @0kamii S-senpai
Mawr
i wasnt sure what nuzlocke fully entailed so i went and looked up the rules and it sounds quite fun but challenging at the same time so i might have to give it a go at some point. all the best for your nuzlocke journey FireTaco i hope u don't lose any more companions either.
Sorry I haven't had much time to play the game with school, a update to come out later today
Mawr
After a week of my White Version not working IT IS ACTIVE AND THIS NUZLOCKE IS BACK BABY.

Now First thing first I did some level grinding on my two main members: Bannana and "♂️Bacon" and then this happened-
[Image: image.jpg]

And now the the accutual party now is: Bannana, Sleepy, "♂️Bacon", and Shaniqua the Pidove, my route 3 encounter.

Now as some of you may notice a member missing, Sass the Purloin has sadly died during training and now rest with Sahara.  I am about to continue it more tonight.

Thats all for this quick update,

~FireTaco
Mawr